Which gloves ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Glow worm

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Bayerd said:
Would you say that currently on snow you're not working as hard as you normally would? I've found that initially my fingers are cold, but once the rest of me warms up, my fingers do too. I stick mainly to main roads at the moment and keep momentum up where I can to keep warm. Maybe finding a route where you can do the same might help?

Just a thought....

I guess I have rubbish circulation in my hands- it's all that ever feels the cold no matter how fast I go. I got home tonight and couldn't put the key in my door as the fingers were not responding! Weird thing is though, when I go running I don't need gloves- went yesterday it was 6 below and I was fine - it's only on the bike the hands get cold. (I am a pretty slow cyclist though- especially on snow/ice).

ELL

Über Member
I have a pair of these http://www.shinybikes.com/bikes/sealskinz-road-cycle-winter-gloves.html and they haven't let me down yet but don't think we have had -10 yet down here

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I've been wearing those sealskin MTB winter gloves with a fleecy liner underneath and its been OK (ish). I really feel the cold and have been wondering about fabricating something to go over the glove to try and increase the number of layers especially on the back of the glove.

bad boy

Über Member
Endura deluge with a liner has been too warm for me this week so ive taken the liner out.

I personally really rate these gloves

gbb

Legendary Member
Been having problems myself..
I wear a pair of Nitrile disposable gloves, then cotton liners and Chiba winter gloves on top. Still getting cold hands :becool: The other day my hands were so so cold after an hour it hurt like hell for 1/2 hour.
Changed tack....now i put on the cotton liners first, then the nitrile disposables and my Chibas on top. It's had a really noticeable effect. Up to 3/4 hour...no issues
I guess the combination allows a warmer surface against my hands. The only downside is its a bugger getting them all on each time.

( i never did rate the Chibas mind)

aka0019

I have some Gore gloves, not sure which ones but anyway I wear some of those lycra gloves that doctors wear underneath. Be warned your hands will be soaked when you take them off but they do help and to be honest i'd rather my hands were sweaty and warm then not sweaty and my fingers ready to drop off!

D4VOW

You won't find better than these:sad:

Vikeonabike

CC Neighbourhood Police Constable
jonredhornet said:
I always suffer with cold hands but this winter I've been using a pair of Trek Heavy Duty gloves (£25 reduced from £35), my hards haven't been cold once during this cold spell.

Never thought of wearing them down my trousers!:biggrin:

SoulOnIce

I got some skiing gloves cheap in Decathalon - theyve been great. If you don't have a Decathlon near you, you might have a TK Maxx nearby and they may have some skiing gloves going cheap.

They are keep your hands warm and keep the wind and rian out too.

Plax

Guru
Don't bother with the sealskin ones wuth the grippy bit on the palms. They are rubbish. I had frozen fingers today wearing them to shovel snow. Went back in and put on a pair I got from Millets, knitted thermal ones. After a few minutes my hands were toasty and warm. I think I may try them on the bike with liner gloves and see what happens.

solmisation said:
Sorry to disagree with you, but I have a pair of those, after about 10 minutes my fingers are starting to get very cold, especially the last few days(-7 to -10 degrees).

I agree, night Visions on their own are no use below freezing. I have to use liners as well.

Top Bottom