Which hardtail for unger £1000

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ermurray

Hi,

This is my first post so sorry if this question has been posted elsewhere.
I have £1000 to spend through the cycle to work scheme and am just looking for advice on which hardtails offer the best for money around £900-£1000 range?

Thanks

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
ermurray said:
Hi,

This is my first post so sorry if this question has been posted elsewhere.
I have £1000 to spend through the cycle to work scheme and am just looking for advice on which hardtails offer the best for money around £900-£1000 range?

Thanks

go for the Trek 6700 ;) this years paint is sooo hot

http://www.trekbikes.com/uk/en/bikes/mountain_hardtail/6_series/6700e/

MadoneRider1991

Über Member
ermurray said:
how does the trek 6700 compare with the rockhopper pro?

the rockhopper has a mix and match of deore and the 6700 is all SLX

the wheels are better on the 6700 also the 6700 is a lighter bike

its all up to you in the end what you pick to buy, but the 6700 does look nice ;)

Mr Pig

After years of using aluminium bikes I bought a steel-framed hard-tail last year. It's a lot more comfortable, massively more comfortable than the RockHopper. Don't just look at the bits bolted to the bike, make sure you think about the whole package.

chonkers

i,ve got the rockhopper comp 09 been using it for work everyday past 4 weeks and weekends for pleasure done about 400 miles so far i just locked of the front suss and just got road tyres fitted and must admit that makes a bit difference cant say what bike would be best for you,but as a lot say on here try as many as you can if possible

jpembroke

MadoneRider1991 said:

Ooh, that is nice. I want a new hardtail but I reckon I'm going to strip the existing one down and build a new one on a Kinesis frame.

Some of the Focus hardtails (see Wiggle) look good too.

wyno70

I have a Trek 6700 in 08 colours. I do mainly trail and mud riding in Epping forest (similar to Cannock Chase). It's very good for what I use it for and I have no complaints at all. I chose it because I got a good deal on it and I don't think you are likely to find a better bike in terms of components for the cash.

I do probably 4 miles on road before I get to the forest and it seems to go fairly nicely on road too.

Go buy it, you know you want to!

Cubist

Still wavin'
jpembroke said:
I love those Cube bikes. And this ones really nice:

http://www.winstanleysbikes.co.uk/product/20855/Cube_LTD_Comp_Disc_Bike_2009

£679!!!!!

Howdaydoodat????

Spend another £70 and you get the LTD Pro with Tora SL air forks......, or go the whole hog and get the LTD Team for c£850, which has Rockshox Reba forks with "motion control" poplok.

I cannot fault my Ltd. It's fast, responsive, and in terms of VFM for specification is unbelievable. Reading other spec sheets for hardtails, you're getting an £800 to £900 bike for less that 700. Get one and spend the rest on beer. You know you want to.

Cubist

Still wavin'
Interesting this Value For Money argument re Cubes. I was in the LBS yesterday arranging some servicing for the work fleet, and mentioned pricing. The shop owner told me that ALL cube prices will be hiked from today. The entry level Attention goes up £100 to the best part of £600 and the LTD Comp to the best part of £800. If you can still find one at £680 then get it while you can!

Top Bottom