Which is your dominant crisp eating hand???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I'm left handed & left footed but hold my knife and fork right handed (i think; fork in left, knife in right). My brother is right handed but hold his knife and fork opposite to me, and my right handed parents. Everything else i do is with my left hand apart from texting.

Oxo

Guru
Any thing I do with two hands such as play golf or bat at cricket I do right handed. Things I do with one hand such as write, throw a ball, play tennis, use a hammer etc. I do left handed.

Arch

Married to Night Train
I'm left handed, and I hold the bag in my left and shovel with the right....

But I'm also fairly ambidextrous, and do many things the same as a right hander - knit, knife and fork etc.

I even managed to convert from left handed chopsticking to right handed, although I find my right hand gets tired after a while and I lose dexterity.

pepecat

Oooo now that's interesting.....

I'm with Arch - i'm a leftie and i shovel crisps with the right as well.

Can't knit to save my life though......
Knife and fork the same way round as everyone right handed, but if i tried chopsticking right handed i'd never get anything eaten!

OP
OP
perplexed

perplexed

Guru
[QUOTE 1803659, member: 45"]Comments on knives and forks?

I'm left-handed. It's always seemed to me that a table is laid for a left-handed person, with the fork on the left. Being the utensil needing the most dextrousness (?) it makes sense that this is in your dominant hand.

Mrs P disagrees. It might sound like a trivial argument, but it only came up because our right-handed eldest has always held his fork in his right hand because it feels more natural to him.[/quote]

I have this discussion too. My argument would be that if you're cutting meat and you're right handed, then the fork would be in the left hand pinning down the meat, where the right is doing the manouvering which needs dexterity. :hungry:

Similarly if you're sawing wood, right handers would be resting the left hand on the item to be cut, the right would be doing the sawing bit. ^_^

Likewise, I am predominantly right handed and pretty much useless with my left hand/foot. However someone recently pointed out that I deal cards left handed! I never realised that was the way I was doing it; holding the pack of cards in my right hand and dealing with my left feels so much more natural. In fact I'm still not convinced that it's not "normal" :smile:.

As for crisp eating; never thought about it before, but I also tend to hold the bag in my right hand and shovel 'em in with my left.

I deal cards with my left too!

'Snap' on all counts - you are not alone.
I can only whistle by breathing in - if you too can do this, I'll consider us separated at birth :biggrin:

I can do the whistling whilst inhaling, but I can whistle on the exhale too...

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Ditto, apart from the fact I don't wipe my backside with my right hand.

I wipe mine with toilet paper get the Butler to do it:laugh:

FTFY

Top Bottom