Which Kindle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Paperwhite is awesome. I travel on the tube and is so much easier than a book with one hand when trying to turn pages.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Paperwhite is awesome. I travel on the tube and is so much easier than a book with one hand when trying to turn pages.
Ah! Those evil tube drivers deliberately making your journey as rough as possible so that you need to hold on firmly to the rail!

@The Jogger - Kindles are sold by Amazon, an evil tax-dodging bit of international mega-capitalism. iPads are sold by Apple, the largest ever evil tax-dodging bit of international mega-capitalism. I'd stick to paper.

Ah! Those evil tube drivers deliberately making your journey as rough as possible so that you need to hold on firmly to the rail!

@The Jogger - Kindles are sold by Amazon, an evil tax-dodging bit of international mega-capitalism. iPads are sold by Apple, the largest ever evil tax-dodging bit of international mega-capitalism. I'd stick to paper.
They operate within the law. They are obliged to provide value to their shareholders. Blame the law makers not the companies.

OP
OP
The Jogger

The Jogger

Legendary Member
Thanks all for the replies, a very interesting lot of responses. I had decided to get a wireless paperwhite and then Reg threw a spanner in the works, I've also managed to get the ipad white text black background, but sitting on the 18:00 tonight from Waterloo my ipad seemed massive compared to the kindle devices people were using next to me, so I will still get an ereader.

Sorry, maybe my question was unlcear, were they 'found guilt of anything'? Or maybe the, 'well, it's obvious they dunnit' rule of law is the one being appiled?

CopperBrompton

Bicycle: a means of transport between cake-stops
I couldn't see a setting for night view. It's an iPad 2 so maybe it doesn't have it?
Tap the formatting icon (aA). Tap Night. Or flip the switch to Auto and it'll do it for you automatically from then on.

CopperBrompton

Personally, I'd avoid Kindle and go for a Kobo. The Kobo Glo is great for reading at night in bed without disturbing the other half or the dog.
I'd advise strongly against this: neither Kobo nor Nook are likely to survive in the medium to long term.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I have Virgin broadband which operates on 802.11n wireless and the Kindle only operates on g (I think). But basically my wireless and my Kindle wont talk so cant update or download bokks without connecting it to my PC which sort of defeats the purpose.

I found that my Kindle didn't cover some of the European or UK WiFi channels so I changed the channel my network was on. Your WiFi router is probably set to auto choose the channel so change it to a mid band channel and see what happens. All your other kit will just follow router.

I use an app called Wifi Analyser to see what channels are free - you should be able to get it on the Fire

CopperBrompton

Given that the goodereader blog post is from over two years ago, and was suggesting imminent demise then, you'll have to forgive me if I take your prognostications with a large pinch of salt...
By all means, but I reserve the right to say I told you so when it all goes mammary gland uppermost. :smile:

Top Bottom