Which method do you use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My saddles are set up to a bike fit, I've no idea what system was used :blush:
If I'm jumping on a hire bike etc, I use the heal on the pedal method, its simple and fast.

Drago

Legendary Member
Heel method as a starting point but I typically spend weeks getting a new bike set up just-so, often swapping out stems and stuff to get it right.

A bike fit is all well and good, but the world is full of differing bike-fit systems, often based on contradictory theories, so whos to say whats cool or crap? in any case, these guys put their trousers on one leg at a time like the rest of us and its nothing you can't do equally well yourself with some knowledge. This may be interesting to some http://www.peterwhitecycles.com/fitting.htm

Heel on the pedal and a few rides to make sure it's right.

I use a plumbline off the bottom of the kneeecap to get the fore & aft part of saddle adjustment.

Used together, those two methodes seem to get it spot on every time with no fuss.

I'm too old to have considered a fitting when younger and am too comfortable using my own method to consider it now.

Lanzecki

Über Member
Witchetty grubs fried using the bark of an un-named tree from the amazon delta lit by the sun's rays on the 11/11/11. Only then are man and machine as one.

Cyclopathic

Veteran
I generally sit on my bike and adjust stuff until it feels right. I don't think there is any set way. I can differ one day to the next depending on various factors so I don't think it pays to get too hung up on a particular set up or way of setting up.
Or if I'm feeling lazy I get my butler surgically altered to be my exact height and weight and other dimensions and make him find the perfect set up for me. Sometimes I even just send him out on the bike instead.

Top Bottom