Which mini bike pump to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike_P

Guru
Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
Plus £6.49 shopping...so 56p less and you have to wait for it to come from overseas.
There may be a UK seller cheaper, Wiggle was just an example to show the OP the product (first up on Google) :okay:
Eg SJS a bit less than either posted
https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/pumps/black-large-lezyne-road-drive-abs-frame-pump/

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru

Mike_P

Guru
The pump on its own would require a delivery charge however
True so you buy something else as with all post free over £x stores; it's one way to make sure you have a supply of puncture patches and the like especially when the order with them comes to less due to the free postage than buying the product on its own.

vickster

Legendary Member
True so you buy something else as with all post free over £x stores; it's one way to make sure you have a supply of puncture patches and the like especially when the order with them comes to less due to the free postage than buying the product on its own.
Fair do. I do try to support UK retailers if I can even if costs a couple more quid.
No point me buying puncture patches as I’d never use them :laugh:

I have a lezyne road drive - and have just brought a lezyne power drive £28 for my winter bike. I have a track pump for home use - a good investment.

My advice stick to known brands and the basics - and also check it works once in a while - if it's frame mounted they are exposed to the elements and when you need them - pow - it's broke.

Update had to use my Lezyne power drive today (first time)- I was seriously impressed - effortlessly got my tyre up to a pressure to get me home.
It's only a week old - but well worth £28 just for today.

Last edited:

12boy

Guru
I've never liked the pumps that go on the stem with a lever and my lezynes suit me very well. I have 2 tool rolls whichbeach contain a lezyne pump, a 15 mm wrench, 4, 5 and 6 mm Allens, a couple of tire irons, selfglue patches, a little screw driver, and if I am taking the bike to another town, a spare tire for whatever bike I take. The pump stays clean in the tool roll and most repairs and adjustments can be sorted out.

Top Bottom