Which mudguards should I get ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jdrussell

So winter will be coming along soon and I am not sure what mud guards to get.

Any ideas ?

I have a Scott Sub 20 with 700cc tyres ;)

Thanks in advance.

SKS full mud guards are about the best; Ive got a set here waiting to be fitted to my training bike but I'm hoping winter is a long way off ;)

RedBike

sks if they'll fit (should do).

3028581_38287_raw.jpg

martint235

Dog on a bike
I'd say the Crud road racer II guards are superior to the SKS Race Blades.

I'd not looked at those before but surely you need some clearance (as in with the SKS full).

Out of personal curiosity (can't tell from the wiggle pic), how many fitting points do they have? I've got my race blades set so they don't bang against the tyre even on bumps but the cruds look like they'd always be hitting my tyre. I'm assuming they don't?

Ta

Howard

I'd not looked at those before but surely you need some clearance (as in with the SKS full).

Out of personal curiosity (can't tell from the wiggle pic), how many fitting points do they have? I've got my race blades set so they don't bang against the tyre even on bumps but the cruds look like they'd always be hitting my tyre. I'm assuming they don't?

Ta

Two fitting points - the supports and a cable tie up top. they are designed for roadbikes so only require a tiny bit of clearance.

They fit 700c24 & 23 fine, anything else, well, your mileage may vary. If you set them up properly they make no noise and do not contact the tyre. They feature a somewhat strange guidance system: soft pads are fitted at the point where they go over the wheel rim keep the guard from contacting the tyre.

I like them, they work well for me, but I run 700*24mm.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Two fitting points - the supports and a cable tie up top. they are designed for roadbikes so only require a tiny bit of clearance.

They fit 700c24 & 23 fine, anything else, well, your mileage may vary. If you set them up properly they make no noise and do not contact the tyre. They feature a somewhat strange guidance system: soft pads are fitted at the point where they go over the wheel rim keep the guard from contacting the tyre.

I like them, they work well for me, but I run 700*24mm.

I might try these next time something happens to my race blades then. I'm still looking for the perfect way of not getting wet feet when I commute in the rain.

jgs

So winter will be coming along soon and I am not sure what mud guards to get.

Any ideas ?

I have a Scott Sub 20 with 700cc tyres ;)

Thanks in advance.

Is this a 2009 model with disc brakes?

If so, you'll need mudguards which come with spacers to clear the front disc assembly (the rear's ok, as that is infront of the seat stay).

FWIW, I bought these from bikeman (US retailer, had them mailed to me without issues): Axiom Rainrunner Trekk Reflex 700c Disc Fender

Fit perfectly.

You might now be able to track down a similar product from within the UK as there are more disc 700c bikes around.

Regards.

Top Bottom