Which multitool is best/strongest?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
Have you considered buying a pedal spanner?

OP
OP
Dayvo

Dayvo

just passin' through
Thanks for your replies, fellas!
Found a spanner, forgot that I had a toolkit! :wacko:
But both pedals are off, and the saddle for good measure; want to be as comfortable as possible on this borrowed bike.
I'll have a look st the Topeaks and make an order; one for each bike (two of them) and one at home.

;)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I don't like the Topeak ones - I used to have an excellent Specialized multitool, now I have a Crank Brothers one, largely because in the shop from which I bought it, it was what I saw that the staff were using to do basic jobs. It is very good.

bonj2

All multitools i've ever had seem to be made of two 'pins' that have a nut that screw onto the end, and all the tools are looped round one of these pins, and the nut always needs tightening every so often.
What i wouldn't mind knowing is which multitool if any ISN'T of this design, and therefore doesn't bloody fall apart if you forget to tighten the nut which inevitably loosens due to the constant opening and closing of the tools?

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
bonj said:
All multitools i've ever had seem to be made of two 'pins' that have a nut that screw onto the end, and all the tools are looped round one of these pins, and the nut always needs tightening every so often.
What i wouldn't mind knowing is which multitool if any ISN'T of this design, and therefore doesn't bloody fall apart if you forget to tighten the nut which inevitably loosens due to the constant opening and closing of the tools?

i've got a topeak one, which basically is two pieces that have a variety of size of hex and spanner sizes, as well as a spoke key and a shimano compatible chain tool.

bonj2

alecstilleyedye said:
i've got a topeak one, which basically is two pieces that have a variety of size of hex and spanner sizes, as well as a spoke key and a shimano compatible chain tool.

does it come loose?

Keith Oates

Janner
I have a couple of multi tools but I find they are not so convenient to use around the bike as normal tools. I therefore carry a set of Allen keys and small shifter when riding and leave the other tools at home for use when carrying out overhauls of repairs.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom