Which musical instrument is for you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ok, took the quiz. Electric guitar, the instrument that defines rock music.
Errr, well, sort of. The electric bass allowed the very existence of louder music, previously limited by the inherent maximum volume of a double bass. Of course, this piece of pedantry ignores the extreme volume of brass instruments, but playing interesting bass lines on a Bb tuba is harder even than a double bass!

You can see the bees in my bonnet, can't you?
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Kajjal

Guru
Electric and acoustic guitars but is was hard work to learn at first as I am not at natural at it. The first tune my wife recognised was the A Team :surrender:

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm a finger tapper,meaning i like to tap drum beats out on hard surfaces with my finger tips,usually during moments of stress or boredom. Does this make me a drummer? My dad was a drummer in the 1950's in a local band so maybe it's hereditary? He gave up his drum kit when he got married,but he had tins of paint in his shed that he used instead,with a pair of Premier drum sticks. I wish i'd kept those sticks when their house was sold and emptied!

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Beach Boys, Good Vibrations. The Theremin comes in about 00:26

/pedant alert/ The theremin sounding bit on said track was apparently not an actual theramin as they are rather difficult to play. Paul Tanner (had to look up the name) developed the electrotheramin as used on good vibrations. It works entirely differenly to the actual Theramin proper - played by waving your hands as invented by Mr Theramin

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I'd love to play bass but I'm 'tone' deaf. I can play six string guitar quite well but struggle trying to tune it. maybe @DCBassman can advise.
I walked into rehearsal room to find the bass player smashing the drummers head against the wall. I told him to stop but he said that the drummer had detuned one of his strings. I said just tune it back then.
He stopped, looked at me and said "He won't tell me which one" and went back to smashing his head against the wall.

I use to play triangle in a reggae band. I'd just stand at the back and ting.

alicat

Legendary Member
I'm a little drummer girl too apparently...seem to be a lot of us about (although some may be boys, I guess).

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
You should learn the ukulele ...

I'm the most unmusical person I know, I think playing records / CD's / MP3's is about my limit

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
extreme volume of brass instruments
I'll call your Bb tuba and raise you an organ trombone stop, knowing that I've got the tuba on the separate windbox in reserve for when you bring in the rest of the brass band, and the chorus of reeds and foundations plus mixtures to dominate the full orchestra and choir.

Truly, we are not worthy...A good organ is a thing of shock and awe!
And I could never get into brass anyhoo...
Fender Precision Bass, Ampeg SVT and two 8x10 fridges...and the only thing the organ would have over it is the lower frequencies. Designed to be a 2x Marshall 100W killer. And it was.
:biggrin:

Top Bottom