Which musical instrument is for you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
only thing the organ would have over it is the lower frequencies
And the higher frequencies. And the fact that it's possible to play more than four notes at a time and easy to play more than one. Just imagine piping an organ through an amplifier designed for an electric instrument - I can guarantee that something in the circuit would go bang.

Julia9054

Guru
The organ is something else I fancied learning as a child - all that power! I asked when I was nine but, despite being the best pianist in my primary school, I was told that I wasn't allowed because I was a girl. Ditto joining the church choir.

Nonethewiser

Warwick Corvette four-string electric bass guitar and Gibson Les Paul Custom six-string electric guitar. I've played bass and guitar in several bands over the years but haven't now played live since the back end of 2006. For live work I used a 300 watt Trace Elliot solid state bass amplifier and for guitar originally I used a 100 watt Marshall AMP-1 valve amp through a Marshall 4x12 cabinet and later switched to a Laney V50 50 watt valve combo amp.

PaulB

Legendary Member
Banjo, tenor uke (play in combo), bass guitar, Cajon drum, Djembe drum (play in group).

Took a while to master the rudiments of the stringed instruments but once learned, constant practice is an endless joy. I wish I could do it for an actual living so I could devote even more time to it. It's a bit of a bugger on the fingertips and pain/lack of flesh is what normally causes 'resting'.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I'm on here right now because I'm biding my time before our drum session starts. It doesn't begin until 7.30 which seems a bit late for me but we're not allowed to drum until then because above our room is another identical room (sounds like the build up to a joke this, but it isn't) which hosts an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting which finishes at half seven and they complained that the beat to our first warm up session sounds (to them) like 'NICE cold beer gimme a nice COLD BEER NICE cold beer gimme a nice COLD BEER'!

Kajjal

Guru
Banjo, tenor uke (play in combo), bass guitar, Cajon drum, Djembe drum (play in group).

Took a while to master the rudiments of the stringed instruments but once learned, constant practice is an endless joy. I wish I could do it for an actual living so I could devote even more time to it. It's a bit of a bugger on the fingertips and pain/lack of flesh is what normally causes 'resting'.

I found when I played guitar a lot I lost the feeling in the end of my finger tips. It was very strange sometimes when doing bike maintenance. Since I now play a lot less the feeling has returned to normal.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I was staggered last night by the response I got from one of our ukulele group members. He's only just joined and sits at the back so no one knows if he's playing or just faffing about (it's not lessons, we're a functioning group). I asked him how he was getting on and he admitted he's struggling. I reminded him that even Eric Clapton had to start somewhere and his response was, 'who's Eric Clapton?' Who's Eric Clapton? And he was entirely serious as well!

slowwww

Veteran
I was convinced that my answers would result in a brass instrument, but instead it suggested that I play bass. Which I do. Freaky!

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Piano. Which considering that this is the only instrument I ever learned*and I was totally useless at it, probably tells you everything you need to know about the quiz

* somehow scraped through Grade 1 and then my Mum finally realised I wasn't the next Rachmaninov

Piano. Which considering that this is the only instrument I ever learned*and I was totally useless at it, probably tells you everything you need to know about the quiz

* somehow scraped through Grade 1 and then my Mum finally realised I wasn't the next Rachmaninov
Liberace?

Top Bottom