Which of the supernatural mechanical problem entities have visited you today?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Amazing what blind fear can make you achieve!!
I'd have been on my ear, a chain snapping/unshipping is bad enough on flats although it's been many years since it happened to me (Simplex mechs :cursing:)

sidevalve

Über Member
Beware the spanner thieves. You must know them - you put a spanner [they like allen keys too] down and when you come to pick it up - it's gone !! I try to placate them at home by having two of everything and putting one down just for them but even so they sometimes get greedy and take both.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Talking spanner thieves. I was fitting a new loo seat a while back.."where's that plastic nut"?? It was here ..
had a grrr wtf moment ,looked everywhere..and then I noticed the dog was quiet and occupied. I need a new plastic nut then, little sneak thief pooch

Globalti

Legendary Member
Last year Gti Junior (SamR on here) also forgot to tighten his cleat bolts. We rode a few miles then stopped for a tinkle and suddenly I became aware that he was riding in circles around the car park, increasingly distressed and calling for help as both cleats were rotating. Once I had recovered enough from laughing I went and caught him, supporting the bike until he could undo his shoes and get out of them. Getting the cleats out was a real struggle and I found that he had lost one bolt from each side, while the other two were loose.

w00hoo_kent

One of the 64K
Saddle Rail Rakshasa hit on the way in to work yesterday. Only spotted it shuffling the bike around in its basement bunker. The ti tube had snapped at the clamp with just enough overlap to work being sat on, but lift away when it was picked up. A mercy dash to Covent Garden at lunch saw me with a more expensive replacement (they only had the carbon rail one in stock anywhere in London.)

The bone idol fairy, taking a break from 3bm and Macb.

Tom B

Guru
The pin the front mechanical operates around slid down slightly and jammed the front mechanical in granny mode. That took some head scratching and hitting with a rock.

Innertube punctured around valve weld tyre went suddenly flat whilst stoppe! it seems the rim tape had a hard bit that was rubbing through..replement tube spilt along seam.

Tear in seat covering savagely chewed my skin on inside of my leg.

All three issues fettled temporarily with insulting tape that I just happened to have in y pocket having cycled to the MIL last week to do some electrical work!

raleighnut

Legendary Member
The pin the front mechanical operates around slid down slightly and jammed the front mechanical in granny mode. That took some head scratching and hitting with a rock.

Innertube punctured around valve weld tyre went suddenly flat whilst stoppe! it seems the rim tape had a hard bit that was rubbing through..replement tube spilt along seam.

Tear in seat covering savagely chewed my skin on inside of my leg.

All three issues fettled temporarily with insulting tape that I just happened to have in y pocket having cycled to the MIL last week to do some electrical work!
Is insulting tape stuff that has 'warning keep away you fecker' printed on it. :whistle:

Top Bottom