Which Ti Bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wonderloaf

Veteran
Bought a Ribble CGR Ti a couple of months ago and am very happy with it, I also wanted an 'all round' bike similar to your requirements and it fits the bill exactly, very versatile. I've got 40mm Schwalbe G-One tyres fitted at the moment and they roll well on the road but also allow a bit of light off roading (tow paths etc). You can also fit full mudguards and racks if that's your thing.

It's a bit outside your budget but you might be able to get something back by using Quidco or similar. I got mine when Ribble were running a Bike Builder promo so managed to upgrade the groupset and a couple of other components for no extra cost, don't how often they run these but might be worth signing up to their newsletter, you never know.

Hello,

This site definitely seems to be the place to ask about Ti!

I'm looking to buy a kind of "all round" style ti bike. Main use will be road, sportives, centuries. Looking for a comfortable ride that I can push quite hard in events etc.

But ideally it could also replace my winter bike which does see a bit of trails/cross bike territory - nothing major. But it will ideally be disc or at least have decent clearance. Probably want guard and rack mounts.

I don't have a massive amount to spend and am at the budget end of ti with no more that £2000. PX offers look alluring. I'm in Scotland and limited for actually seeing and riding bikes before buying unfortunately.
It might not be feasible for you I had a similar budget a few years ago and went the frame route.

Edit: I got a Kinesis Gran Fondo Tiand I've been very happy with it. Mine ticks most of you boxes but doesn't have your ideal disc brakes but I think their newer version does and there's also the Kinesis ATR Ti

Last edited:
Top Bottom