which turbo trainer?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hudson1984

Über Member
I know I know.... another "which turbo" thread.

However, hopefully I can narrow it down to make it a little less daft.

Last time I used a turbo it was a wheel on Tacx Flow. It was ok, did the job for me but I did feel the wheel slip a few times and tbh this time around I'd really like something wheel off.

I've never had a wheel off turbo so i'm a little lost in terms of what to look for.

I want it to be a smart trainer to be used with one of the various apps and i'd like to keep the budget at around £300. I'm not against used.

On my list at the moment is an Elite Direto smart. New is £399 so I should be able to find a used one (or convince myself the extra £99 for new is worth it)

but are there others that may fall into this budget I should be keeping an eye out for?

bridgy

Legendary Member
I know I know.... another "which turbo" thread.

However, hopefully I can narrow it down to make it a little less daft.

Last time I used a turbo it was a wheel on Tacx Flow. It was ok, did the job for me but I did feel the wheel slip a few times and tbh this time around I'd really like something wheel off.

I've never had a wheel off turbo so i'm a little lost in terms of what to look for.

I want it to be a smart trainer to be used with one of the various apps and i'd like to keep the budget at around £300. I'm not against used.

On my list at the moment is an Elite Direto smart. New is £399 so I should be able to find a used one (or convince myself the extra £99 for new is worth it)

but are there others that may fall into this budget I should be keeping an eye out for?
I have just got a Neo Smart bike, so will be selling my Tacx Neo 1 (bought new in Oct 2018) which I'll be looking for around £300 for if that would be of any interest to you?

OP
OP
H

Hudson1984

Über Member
ooh yes that is of interest but a bit early in my plans so wouldn't like to waste your time.

I do like the neo - having the side to side motion must make it loads more comfortable to use.

Interested yet but I need to get my shed installed first which won't be till mid/late march so don't hold it on my account. If you happen to have it late into march do give me a shout though

bridgy

Legendary Member
ooh yes that is of interest but a bit early in my plans so wouldn't like to waste your time.

I do like the neo - having the side to side motion must make it loads more comfortable to use.

Interested yet but I need to get my shed installed first which won't be till mid/late march so don't hold it on my account. If you happen to have it late into march do give me a shout though
Will do (if I remember!) Yes they're very good trainers as I'm sure you know.

I only got the Neo Smart bike a few days ago, so I just need to get round to getting the trainer listed somewhere to get it sold.

When you feel you're in a position to move things forward, if you're still interested feel free to DM me to ask if it's still available :okay:

Top Bottom