Which tyres

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Michelin

Regular
I have a set of Continental GP 5000's in 28mm and also a set of Continental Grand Prix 4 Season in 25mm. Which tyres do you think would be best for winter riding

vickster

Legendary Member
Try both and see which you prefer?
Although the 4 seasons should grip better and resist punctures better. The 3mm won’t make a difference

Ajax Bay

Guru
I have exactly the same choice (ie a pair of both these tyre models) and the next tyre replacement will be a GP4S till after Easter. It's a real pain to mend a puncture when it's cold (and maybe wet) and a GP4S is more robust. The 5000 offers significant rolling resistance advantage for long summer rides.
But may I add some data in here. GP4Ss come up narrow, ime. The 5000 comes up on spec (for my rims and pressure).

Drago

Legendary Member
It's as much a taste thing as anything else, and also depends on things such as your weight and favoured tyre pressures. Try them and see what works for you.

Adam4868

Guru
I've had schwalbe one v guard on a bike for a couple of years,bought another set as was more than happy with them.

OP
OP
M

Michelin

Regular
Cheers guys I love the 5000's but don't want to wreck them so I've put the 4 seasons on for now and some mudguards

GuyBoden

Guru
For general use I like the Vittoria Randonneur, I'm currently running the 700x35c Trekking on my winter bike. They're slow rolling, so good for my slow rides around the muddy Cheshire country lanes.

Top Bottom