Which version of Brompton can be wheeled around?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nz6666

Regular
I tried a 3 speed M type with fenders no rack. I leave the bar unfolded and use that to push the bike. It can move a little but not easily.

annedonnelly

Girl from the North Country
The Eazy wheels are an optional extra. I think they can be added to any model of Brompton.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
+1 to easy wheels, they do add a little bit of maneuverability but I don't find it easy to wheel along folded at all. For short trips, up and down a station platform etc I carry it, longer travelling by foot with it I do unfolded and fold when I get there.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The rack certainly makes the 'parked' bike - part folded with the rear wheel tucked under - more stable, so less likely to topple.

I thought the wheels on the rack are the same as Eazy Wheels, but I could be wrong about that.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
My Brompton has easy wheels (and a rack). It wheels very nicely on flat smooth surfaces such as railway stations. I wheel it completely folded, but with the telescopic seatpost extended so I can hold the saddle. I find that easier than opening out the handlebars. It does have a bit of a life of its own and a tendency to veer off the straight and narrow when being wheeled.

Top Bottom