Whisky Clubs....anyone in or been in one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Someone told me they had just joined one. Apparently, each month, they send you a SINGLE measure of a whisky that they select....... and that will cost you £8.99.
My first thought was....."that sounds expensive".
So I googled "whisky clubs" and there seem to be lots of them. Some send you full bottles while others send other sizes.
You dont appear to have a choice....as in...peaty/sweet etc and (to me) they all seem expensive. But then again there are some very expensive types out there.
Am I correct or missing something.

vickster

Legendary Member
Sounds like a good way to part fools (men?) and their money?

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
WP_20180204_11_44_32_Pro.jpg
I started my own. Very exclusive membership mind. A means of sampling a whisky that may cost £100 a bottle is welcome for some. Mine is call The Black Jug.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
I vote that once he gets a balance of opinion, @Dave7 changes the thread title to a more general whisky appreciation thread.

Like @GrumpyGregry I favour the exclusive membership of me only in a club. I can see the appeal of a club as outlined in the OP but, whisky is something where you're going to have likes and dislikes. You may have to wade through too many of the latter before you find a new one that you really like.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I vote that once he gets a balance of opinion, @Dave7 changes the thread title to a more general whisky appreciation thread.

Like @GrumpyGregry I favour the exclusive membership of me only in a club. I can see the appeal of a club as outlined in the OP but, whisky is something where you're going to have likes and dislikes. You may have to wade through too many of the latter before you find a new one that you really like.
If I remember correctly there have a couple of general whisky threads in the past. I know I started one when I was learning a bit more about them.

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
All done using fountain pens and deckle-edged paper.
But I wanted to join and donate the first £100 bottle.
Ah well.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Mine is exclusive but not "me only". Three of us last night, with some nice cuban cigars. Membership is open to all genders and orientations. ;)

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
But I wanted to join and donate the first £100 bottle.
Ah well.
There were three ton ups at one time, but alas, they all were consumed before the current club room was fitted out. There are a few "special celebration" bottles elsewhere in the premises that aren't on general display. Inner circle only. ;)

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I'd hypothesise 'some' and 'soon to be quite very few' when it comes to Whisky (my SiL often has an impressive vodka collection)

Watch the style pages in the coming months as 'women and whisky' is about to replace 'pretending to like gin' as the next conformity hammer.

Top Bottom