Whisky Clubs....anyone in or been in one?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Watch the style pages in the coming months as 'women and whisky' is about to replace 'pretending to like gin' as the next conformity hammer.
All of the significant women in my life drink whisky, or, more likely, whiskey. Some of them can't stomach gin.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Ha! I've just noticed tlh has sneeked an old bottle of ouzo on there. Naughty.

jayonabike

Powered by caffeine & whisky
I’m also a fan of the single member whisky club. I’ve quite a collection which changes all the time as bottles are drunk and replaced. I have a few returning favourites and also love bourbon whiskey.
I usually buy (& drink) a bottle a week with the supermarket shopping from anywhere between £25-£50. This week was Lagavulin 16 yr at £49. Last week was Talisker 10 on offer at £29.
Some of my favourites are also at the £100 a bottle price and you can really tell the difference in the whisky. For those I use the MasterOfMalt or Whisky Exchange websites. I usually ask for a nice bottle from the Mrs for birthdays & Christmas. This year I got a bottle of Macallan 12 year Sherry oak cask and a bottle of Talisker 57’ North.
My single member club also branches out into Cognac. Some of my favourites are Remy Martin 1758, Hine Rare v.s.o.p and Hennessy Fine de Cognac. With the extra cash from my Christmas overtime this year I treated myself to a bottle of Martell Cordon Bleu XO which is an amazing drink.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
Lagavulin 16 yr

A real head warmer. Fabulous.
I used to visit the Netherlands quite regularly and my first stop would often be a hotel/bar in Oosterhout just north of Breda. Anyway I got to know the owners and a couple of staff and there was also a Scots and an Irishman (no joke) who drank there. One day I walked in and after the drive ordered a couple of beers and then a whiskey, normally it was Jamesons from under the bar but this time I saw a bottle of Lagavulin 16yo on the shelf. It had been gifted to Arnold the owner by someone he organised a party for. "I'll have one of those" I said to Crazy Jon the barman. In his usual freepour style he 3/4 filled a 10oz tumbler and handed it over. No matter the whiskey or the size of the freepour it was always 4 euros, an absolute bargain.....

OP
OP
Dave7

Dave7

Legendary Member
I’m also a fan of the single member whisky club. I’ve quite a collection which changes all the time as bottles are drunk and replaced. I have a few returning favourites and also love bourbon whiskey.
I usually buy (& drink) a bottle a week with the supermarket shopping from anywhere between £25-£50. This week was Lagavulin 16 yr at £49. Last week was Talisker 10 on offer at £29.
Some of my favourites are also at the £100 a bottle price and you can really tell the difference in the whisky. For those I use the MasterOfMalt or Whisky Exchange websites. I usually ask for a nice bottle from the Mrs for birthdays & Christmas. This year I got a bottle of Macallan 12 year Sherry oak cask and a bottle of Talisker 57’ North.
My single member club also branches out into Cognac. Some of my favourites are Remy Martin 1758, Hine Rare v.s.o.p and Hennessy Fine de Cognac. With the extra cash from my Christmas overtime this year I treated myself to a bottle of Martell Cordon Bleu XO which is an amazing drink.
Can I join your "single members" club ?

FishFright

More wheels than sense
My single member club has a continuous stock of 4 or 5 bottles. As one bottle is emptied then another is bought to replace it, from a flavour point of view there's little worse in the spirits world as 1cm of good drink oxidising into dregs* ** *** . Loads of near empty bottles looks more depressing than impressive to me .

*Except 12yr old Glenfiddich of course.
** Not woowoo , it's knowledge gained from comparing dregs to a freshly opened bottle.
*** You can use miniature bottles to keep the last bits of a bottle relatively fresh for comparison

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Did you buy the Laubade in the UK? I’ve been trying to find a stockist.
Airport Duty Free, most likely.

Top Bottom