White Dog Poo .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Still exists ....

IMG_1094 - Copy.JPG

Noodley

Good try FF, but the spilled tipex gives it away - but well done for painting the poo white

D

Deleted member 23692

I though that disappeared with decimalisation in the early 70's

Herbie

Veteran
No one gives their dogs bones anymore. Hence the no white poo. Good for a dogs teeth though is chewing a bone.

No it ain't.....a Vet told me never give bones to dogs...risk of them splintering getting swallowed and causing mayhem in a dogs stomach...mind you I think if you boil a bone it will be hard as nails and won't splinter...that's what my Butcher friend told me

Saluki

World class procrastinator
My dogs get meaty bones every day. They are very healthy.

A vet said never to give dogs bones!! What tosh. How does he think that they get on in the wild? There are no ovens for wild dogs you know.

Chris Norton

Should never give a dog a cooked bone. They can eat all bones as long as raw. Probably the worst one to give one is the typical "marrow bone", you know that big knuckle from a cow. That can be so hard as to break the poor dogs teeth!

Pork Loin bones (not the ribs) are ideal. Nice and bumpy, clean teeth and dogs can chew for hours. And my information also comes from my vet (just to prove that there are still more than a couple of opinions on this one :hyper:)

Chris Norton

Once cooked they splinter quite horribly. Raw (allegedly), they do not splinter as they are too soft. I know someone who feeds her Dachshounds on nothing but raw chicken thighs, bones and all.

Herbie

Veteran
My dogs get meaty bones every day. They are very healthy.

A vet said never to give dogs bones!! What tosh. How does he think that they get on in the wild? There are no ovens for wild dogs you know.

Well my pooch never gets bones of any kind....I trust my local vet

Saluki

World class procrastinator
Well my pooch never gets bones of any kind....I trust my local vet
My brother is my vet and he feeds BARF, as do I. I have only fed it for about 15 years so I suppose it could be an accident waiting to happen but I've never had an issue, except for a bit of white poo now and again.
IIRC you shouldn't give animals chicken bones, which easily splinter.
Raw is fine. I give mine raw chicken wings most days for breakfast. Cooked chicken bones are bad though, they can splinter very easily as they become brittle after cooking.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_feeding

Top Bottom