1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White socks revival

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by domtyler, 15 Oct 2007.

1. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

I have heard it on good authority that white socks are coming back into fashion. I think this is great news and a moral victory for anyone who still has a drawer full left over from the eighties when they were well and truly the height of fashion. :biggrin::biggrin:

2. Tetedelacourse

Tetedelacourse New Member

Michael Jackson will be relieved. (not illegally in this instance)

3. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

1984. Local market. 3 pairs of no-natural-fibres-whatsoever white socks with a red and blue hoop near the top for a quid. You just had to hold 'em in your hand and your feet started sweating!

4. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Apparently the Welsh are leading the new trend, sales in ASDA in Merthyr Tydfil are literally through the roof.

5. yorkshiregoth

yorkshiregoth Master of all he surveys

6. Literally ?
    - they sell them through a skylight or something ?

7. Blonde

Blonde New Member

But they're always in fashion if you're a cyclist! (only on the bike though)

8. Blonde

Blonde New Member

As long as you haven't got a drawer full of leg warmers as well...

9. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

10. PrettyboyTim

PrettyboyTim New Member

Good - I always wear white socks on my bike into work...

11. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

Yeah, but are you still wearing them when you go to the disco though Tim? This is what we are all interested in.

12. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

As an Essex lad I'm only too pleased to hear of their return to popularity! :rolleyes:
    Mind you, I only wear white socks when I play cricket, wear trainers, and cycle.
    Oh, and there was a phase in the early 80s when I wore them with my Farrahs and brown brouges! :rolleyes::rolleyes: :biggrin:

13. Cheddar George

Cheddar George oober member

I recently got in from a ride - white socks - 3 quarter length shorts, slipped into my mocassin slippers as the bike shoes were wet. Looked down and realised i'd turned into Roy Chubby Brown !

14. simon l& and a half

simon l& and a half New Member

white socks were good enough for Tommy Simpson. Which means that they are good enough for me.

15. twentysix by twentyfive

twentysix by twentyfive Clinging on tightly

Bike Shorts and White Socks :biggrin: Bike Shorts and any other coloured socks are just WRONG :rolleyes: