White socks revival

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domtyler

Über Member
I have heard it on good authority that white socks are coming back into fashion. I think this is great news and a moral victory for anyone who still has a drawer full left over from the eighties when they were well and truly the height of fashion. :biggrin::biggrin:

Tetedelacourse

Michael Jackson will be relieved. (not illegally in this instance)

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
1984. Local market. 3 pairs of no-natural-fibres-whatsoever white socks with a red and blue hoop near the top for a quid. You just had to hold 'em in your hand and your feet started sweating!

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
Apparently the Welsh are leading the new trend, sales in ASDA in Merthyr Tydfil are literally through the roof.

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
yorkshiregoth said:

So now the Dutch are telling US how to dress? :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OP
OP
domtyler

domtyler

Über Member
PrettyboyTim said:
Good - I always wear white socks on my bike into work...

Yeah, but are you still wearing them when you go to the disco though Tim? This is what we are all interested in.

As an Essex lad I'm only too pleased to hear of their return to popularity! :rolleyes:
Mind you, I only wear white socks when I play cricket, wear trainers, and cycle.
Oh, and there was a phase in the early 80s when I wore them with my Farrahs and brown brouges! :rolleyes::rolleyes: :biggrin:

Cheddar George

oober member
I recently got in from a ride - white socks - 3 quarter length shorts, slipped into my mocassin slippers as the bike shoes were wet. Looked down and realised i'd turned into Roy Chubby Brown !

Top Bottom