Who are cyclists?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sunnyjim

We had a thread on here a while back about 'proper' cyclists. The consensus was that you were a proper cyclist if you had long hair and a beard, rode in Ron Hill tights, had mudguards with a flap, two panniers and cycled like you had somewhere to go.

Everybody else fitted into: 1) wannabe Bradley Wiggin, 2) a MAMIL or 3) the builder who couldn't afford a car.

:whistle:
I missed that thread, but 4/6.

bobcat

At commuting times, theres mostly high vis guys on mtbs, a few tourers with panniers and a few lycra roadies. Quite a lot more lycra roadies and hybrid leisure riders at weekends and evenings though.

Yesterday did a 15 mile route and only saw a happy beared guy on an old racer smoking while riding and a couple on a tandem.

I suspect a lot of regular commuters might have a knackered looking mtb with slicks for leaving locked up all day.
Happy bearded guy on an old racer smoking, were you in Rye?

MrJamie

Oaf on a Bike
Happy bearded guy on an old racer smoking, were you in Rye?
Naa, just in the countryside to the east of MK :smile: I dont often see people smoking while cycling though but looked like he had a cigarette hanging out of his mouth :smile:

bobcat

I sometimes enjoy a smoke whilst cycling, the look I get from motorists is a joy and their is always the chance of setting my beard alight that makes me smile! Maybe a new thread in the making, dangerous things you do whilst cycling?

...and I don't even have a penis! So let me know what I need to become a cyclist...
A penis in really not essential. Sometimes on the saddle it even gets in the way. And after 60 miles in the cold it is often difficult to find. Oh the joy of a sit down wee!

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
We had a thread on here a while back about 'proper' cyclists. The consensus was that you were a proper cyclist if you had long hair and a beard, rode in Ron Hill tights, had mudguards with a flap, two panniers and cycled like you had somewhere to go.

Everybody else fitted into: 1) wannabe Bradley Wiggin, 2) a MAMIL or 3) the builder who couldn't afford a car.

:whistle:

Me 4) wannabe cool fixie rider.(fixie pixie)

Most riders herabouts are on MTBs, ironic considering we're in the fens butn with the state the roads are in probably not too much of a suprise.
I'm just happy to see people on two wheels, just wish I could persuade a few more of them to save some cash, seel their heavy old MTBs and get themselves a nice lightweight hybrid, they'd enjoy their cycling so much more.
Oh, and I wish BMXs, deserving of their place in the multitudinous pantheon of bicycles notwithstanding, would go out of fashion with kids so that you actually saw kids on the move, building muscle and getting fit rather than sat still yakking with the odd burst of movement to try a trick out as actually riding the things any distance requires the kinds of skills contortionists would kill to acquire :eek:

sidevalve

Über Member
Anyone who rides a bike, any bike, and enjoys it. I would only exclude thieving chavs who only ride a bike [which they've probably stolen anyway] untill they can nick another car or to do drug runs on.

Top Bottom