Who are we?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

al78

Guru

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I’m not....
I always had an inkling, but couldn't put my finger on it... well, you wouldn't would you?

My name is Chris and I am a cyclist...

I have been a cyclist for 20,454 days now, ever since that day my mum let go of the saddle.

I think you deserve a day off after all that effort.

Will Spin

Über Member
I'm a traffic-light-jumping-pavement-riding-noisy-traffic-jam-causing-lycra-wearing-sweating-no-helmet-wearing-low-viz-wearing-wrong-way-downa-one-way-street-horse-scaring-no-lights-general-cause-of-all-evil-things CYCLIST!!!!

• Laugh
Reactions: C R

Hedgemonkey

Now Then
No, because by the definition in the English language, a person who is on a bicycle and riding it is a cyclist. The word is also used to describe those who ride a bicycle frequently, whether or not they are riding it at any one time.

https://dictionary.cambridge.org/dictionary/english/cyclist
Ah as maybe, but when did the media ever concern themselves with an accurate use of the English language...

John482

I don't feel singled out. I am "other" though. We have to face facts, most people couldn't do a 15 or 20 mile ride on a bike nor would the want to. People drive by and think of you as fitness oriented etc. I haven't felt faulted for it but I'm put in with the gym rat types. Most people just aren't that physical, they like their fast food and video games.

I’m not....

Top Bottom