Who can fly/has flown an aircraft?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

longers

Legendary Member
Had control in a Chipmunk and did a loop the loop.

*Thread closed* ;)

TVC

Flown powered aircraft - the Warrior and Tomahawks of the Sherwood club at Tollerton

Currently learning to fly gliders at Husbands Bosworth.

I used to do Sport Parascending at Kirton-in-Lyndsey. That is being tied to a Land Rover with a bloody long rope with a parachute on your back, and then being towed hauled by your wedding tackle into the air.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
took lessons (10) in a Piper Warrior from Bigging Hill airport.. but proved to be a too expensive a hobby to continue

Also had control of a chipmunk on a few occasions and various Cessnas and a Jodel Regent.

Qualified as a glider pilot 8 days after my 16th birthday; I was the youngest person at the time in the UK to get a licence, as you need to be 16 to apply for the licence and do the training. This may still stand; but, obviously I'm not 16 any more.

MajorMantra

I fly gliders at Portmoak in Kinross Shire but am still frustrating un-solo. Time and weather keep conspiring against me...

Matthew

And

Fun sponge
Had lessons in a Cessna 150 - loved it!

Just not commited enough to see it through to PPL.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
My son had lessons on a Cessna (and something similar..Piper..??) when he was 12 with the flying hut at Shoreham...sorry 'Brighton city'..airport. It was so cool to see him flying...although I did feel pretty sick when I went up with him once...he got to the point of taking off and flying etc and landing (although I think he had some help with the landings)
.....we also have flight simulator on a pc and all the floor pedals and yoke gizmos...he was well into it...we were going to start building up his PPl hours at 14, he had a log book etc....but then he caught puberty and flying went out the window. I had all the funding set up and everything....oh well....

asterix

Comrade Member
longers said:
Had control in a Chipmunk and did a loop the loop.

*Thread closed* :sad:

Yep, when in the CCF we used to get taken up in Chipmunks. Once the pilots were happy you had a strong stomach they had a bit of fun doing aerobatics. One trip lasted over an hour - unforgettable!

terry huckle

Had a PPL a long time ago...learned on Piper Cherokees, first solo flying GAYKY at Oxford (Kidlington) in 1973, some time messing about with various aircraft types, then I met my wife, and paying for a mortgage and other stuff got in the way.

wafflycat

Can't say I can fly and I'm certainly not a pilot, but I have had control of a small aircraft for a short period, and a trial lesson in a Robinson helicopter

Top Bottom