Who do you shop with?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Joffey

Big Dosser
If you pay a tenner for that Wiggle+ the delivery is great. I don't order much nowadays but still pay for that so I get everything (orders above £20) the next day for free. And they don't forget the Haribos ^_^

freiston

Veteran
Almost always SJS or Spa, with a little bit of Wiggle and Planet X in the mix. I'm not in the market for components atm but I have used Fresh Tripe and BLB for stuff like Velo Orange (but nowadays, I might try harder to source a cheaper alternative). A few years ago and Rose would have been up there with SJS and Spa.

I've used some of the other larger chains, occasionally Ebay, and some of the smaller outfits (like Parkers of Bolton) when the right product has been at the right price, but this is very rare. To be honest, I try to buy as little as possible.

Both my bikes (Jamis tourer and Tern folder) were sale items from Evans and around the time I bought them (mid last decade), I did use Evans quite a lot but nowadays they hold almost zero interest to me - an uninspiring product line and never the right product at the right price.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Since the LBS closed (the next most 'L' BS is a little too far away for me to drop in for the odd part) I get common things- cables, tyres, degreaser- from Watford Cycle Hub and more unusual stuff from SJS cycles or eBay.

Recently bought a jacket (Carnac), gloves and some bib tights from Planet X (and was tempted by their offer of a £600 Kaffenback the other day but so far have resisted)

Last edited:

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Chain Reaction have been faultless over multiple orders (Inc 2 x built up complete bikes) in the last few months. Always great communication, very timely delivery and of course great pricing.

But: perhaps you only find how how good these places are when you DO get a problem……🤷‍♂️

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
SJS recently for rims, spokes and rim tape. Always use them as they sourced a Dura Ace 7410 headset for me many years ago when another place said they had them but didn't. Loyal customer since when I need specific stuff.

Top Bottom