Who do you think you are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Mainly Scottish, great-great grandparents came down to work in the Granite quarries around Enderby when they made Kerbstones, Sets, and Lintels out of the stone instead of just crushing it.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Another Londoner through and through (and proud of it), so were my parents.
My Father's lineage has been traced as English as far back as the late 1700's, mainly from Nottingham but from the Victorian era onwards, from East London.
My Mothers is all over the place, she was a Cockney born in Bow. However she had a Scottish father and a Welsh Mother, her Great Grand Father on one side was Austrian and Great Grand Mother on the other was Irish.

Last edited:
U

User32269

Irish, Isle of Man and Welsh heritage; polished into a Scouse diamond!

Once told by a teacher I was descended from the feckless Irish who never made it past the first port!

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
We know little about my Mum's side of the family. Some of them lived in Rhodesia and there is apparently something really unusual about my genetics as, when they tried to find a bone marrow transplant for me (although my brother and sister are matches), they couldn't, citing that I was rare in some respect, so.... Could I be a subject of Mugabe??

I bloody well hope not! :rolleyes::laugh:

My Dad's side is of Scots, Irish and earlier Scandinavian/Viking heritage apparently.

Last edited:

Asa Post

Super Iconic Legend
I know the birthplaces of 65 of my direct ancestors. Most were born in Derbyshire. Some came from Yorkshire, and the rest were from various counties, but all were English.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
I'm half Scottish and half Yorkshire. Nuff said :laugh:
You're Doomed .....

We're all Doomed.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
London through and through.

Screenshot_20160803-165039.jpg

outlash

also available in orange
My Mothers is all over the place, she was a Cockney born in Bow.

Strictly speaking, a true cockney is born within the sound of the bow bells, but that's the church of St. Mary le Bow in Cheapside. Bow Church is a few miles East. I'm not a cockney as I was born in Forest Gate, but my brother & one of my sisters are as they were born in Whitechapel.

Ancestry-wise, My Dad's is East Anglian, around the Downham Market area (direct relative in the teacher who was tried in the infamous monkey trial in the U.S) while Mum's is Euopean Jewish, probably eastern European. But both sets were in the East End from at least the turn of the last century, possibly earlier.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
On my mums side we get as far from Leicestershire as Hampshire. On my dads side I've hit a wall on Internet research with my great great grandad / grandma who appear to be Eastern European, probably Jewish immigrants around the turn of the last century (my surname & the area of London I can trace Great Grandad to as a child and complete absence of any verifiable census data for great great grandparents) and maybe not a big fan of the authorities given how effectively they seem to fly under the radar and the industrial school great grandad and his brother were sent to by their early teens.

Picking up my great grandma's lineage that someone else had done, she was part of well know Newcastle family back to the Norman Conquest and once removed by a middle ages marriage from the lineage of Robert the Bruce. Not bad since she lived out her dotage in Crawley.

Last edited:
Top Bottom