Who do you think you are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glenn

Veteran
I agree!

Glenn

Veteran
He did bring us the Fraser Fir or Christmas tree
173907574.jpg

MrPie

Telling it like it is since 1971
Bunch of Frenchies landed the NE of England in the early 1000's and scattered across the land. My lot located to Ayrshire, Scotchland around 1145 and slowly migrated to the NE of Scotchland and here we have stayed. However, I'm really nothing like both mum or dad, so much so that I wouldn't be surprised if told I was adopted

iandg

Legendary Member
My mum has done work on this. My Grandad on mum's side has been traced back through Glasgow (shipyards) and Ayrshire (army) to Maryculter, Aberdeen, Grandma's side being Stafford for generations. Dad's ancestors were from the Darlington area. Mum's dad and my dad's dad/mum moved to Stafford to work at English Electric.

Last edited:

Mrs M

Guru
My mum has done work on this. My Grandad on mum's side has been traced back to Maryculter, Aberdeen, Grandma's side being Stafford for generations. Dad's ancestors were from the Darlington area. Mum's dad and my dad's dad/mum moved to Stafford to work at English Electric.
I go to Maryculter on one of my bike routes :smile: :bicycle:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Sheffield University did a massive dna survey in the UK a few years ago and found some interesting data.

The Scots had a lot of Norse and Irish dna as you'd expect but they also found significant amounts of French, Egyptian and Persian

The Irish had Norse, French and North African dna in the mix.

England was much as you'd expect - Jutes, Angles, French but also quite a lot of Mediterranean.

The Welsh, well, um, technically the Welsh are livestock.

Top Bottom