Who Does The Best Weather Predictions?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
1612597416700.png

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
Met office works the best for me, BBC can be OK but seems to change completely in its forecast at very short notice at times.
I've a mate in Exeter who works at the Met Office. His job is to look out the window towards Dartmoor and update the hourly forecast according to what it looks like over there. He has to make up the overnight forecast when it's dark, but because most people are at home watching the telly, nobody seems to mind. He sits next to the bloke who does the long range forecasts using ITV's Wheel Of Fortune spinning wheel. The rest of the staff there are managers and P.A.'s :becool:

RichardB

Slightly retro
BBC are far too pessimistic in general

I think this has become a general trend with all kinds of forecast. Weather forecast says hurricanes, monsoons, plagues of locusts; actual weather is overcast and drizzly with a slight breeze, but hey, the forecasters have covered their asses against insurance claims.

"Please take care if you're out and about tomorrow, as it will be cold with the possibility of icy patches on untreated surfaces and the wind chill will make it feel like minus 5." Or as we used to call it, "winter".

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I've a mate in Exeter who works at the Met Office. His job is to look out the window towards Dartmoor and update the hourly forecast according to what it looks like over there. He has to make up the overnight forecast when it's dark, but because most people are at home watching the telly, nobody seems to mind. He sits next to the bloke who does the long range forecasts using ITV's Wheel Of Fortune spinning wheel. The rest of the staff there are managers and P.A.'s :becool:
That's brightened up my day! 👍

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Has the weather stone been mentioned ?

il_fullxfull.1485234630_suc9.jpg

OP
OP
Lovacott

Lovacott

Über Member
Weather forecast says hurricanes, monsoons, plagues of locusts; actual weather is overcast and drizzly with a slight breeze, but hey, the forecasters have covered their asses against insurance claims.

"Rain will give way to showers and drizzle"

?????????????

Top Bottom