Who does their shopping on a bike?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dim

However I now do most shopping on the Christiania as it can cope with anything.

View attachment 333531

are you sure?

19-9(3).jpg

classic33

Leg End Member
He missed the turning circle, that's all.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Warning: trees in background not vertical means photographer is not on the level ;)

Reactions: dim

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The Lidl panniers were stupidly cheap so I have very low expectations of them, but I would still rather avoid catastrophic failure!

They have flaps on the top which can be used together to form a carrying handle. The flaps are wide enough to get more than halfway across the top of the rack. If I wanted to I could devise a way to attach the inside flaps of the 2 panniers to each other. They have some lightweight Velcro strips on them. Maybe I will replace those with heavy-duty strips and then I could Velcro them together ...? :whistle:
By coincidence, Lidl were selling packs of self-adhesive Velcro strips today (for less than £2) so I bought a pack and stuck some strips to the panniers.

Here is a picture of the panniers Velcroed together with the top flap on the far pannier lifted up to show you some of the pads. I can interleave the flaps so all 4 are attached together into a stack.

Panniers with added Velcro fastenings.jpg

It makes the panniers much more stable on the rack and they are easy to get on and off.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Depends where i'm shopping. I live pretty much in town so it's only a few minutes walk to the shops. But if I'm going to Aldi or Asda, it's the bike with a couple of panniers, and i have a habit of buying two items more than they'll fit.

Top Bottom