Who has done some thing really silly/daft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davidphilips

Veteran
Will start of by some thing i done last week? Arranged to met up with some cyclists (with social distancing) at Killinchy, cycled down to portaferry (30 miles) for the ferry, forgot they did not accept cash, so instead of a cycle of about 18 miles, had to turn around and cycle 45 miles, missed the cyclists totally exhausted myself and got soaked on way home.
Can any one better this?

Drago

Legendary Member
As a young lad I once fitted a 24" Chopper rear wheel to a Raleigh Wayfarer frame intended for 26" wheels. The experiment ending with me in hospital having my bruised man vegetables repaired.

D

Deleted member 26715

I slipped & fell about 15 foot when trying to get off my bike week last Tuesday my back is still not right & I don't have full mobility

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Many years ago I went to the pub with a bunch of friends on a Sunday evening and got totally sloshed. Woke up at silly o'clock with a stinking hangover and staggered 4 kms (2.5 miles in your antique imperial units) to work. For once I got there before everyone else. Leaned on the wall outside the factory and wondered why the industrial estate was so quiet. It took some time for me to remember that it was a Bank Holiday Monday... Staggered home again and went back to bed! :laugh:

D

Deleted member 26715

Many years ago I went to the pub with a bunch of friends on a Sunday evening and got totally sloshed. Woke up at silly o'clock with a stinking hangover and staggered 4 kms (2.5 miles in your antique imperial units) to work. For once I got there before everyone else. Leaned on the wall outside the factory and wondered why the industrial estate was so quiet. It took some time for me to remember that it was a Bank Holiday Monday... Staggered home again and went back to bed! :laugh:
Been there done that on a Saturday without the aid of alcohol

hoopdriver

Guru
I used to cycle into my job at a newspaper in Melbourne, riding in along the foreshore. One fine summer mornings the lure of the open road proved too much and I decided to skip work. I called in sick from a pay phone - this was in the early 90s - and went on and had a delightful day riding through the seaside towns along the bay. All well and good until the next morning when I strolled into the office, having recovered from my illness, but with tan lines around my eyes from where my sunglasses had been...

Sharky

Guru
I used to watch the track racing at Kirkby and noticed that some riders used insulation tape round their tubs/rim to stop them from turning round or coming off.

The next day, I thought as one of my tubs wasn't stuck on very well, that I would do the same. It worked great for the first 100 yds and the first junction and quickly realized that it doesn't work with rim brakes!

Last edited:
Top Bottom