Who has ............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

asterix

Comrade Member
No central heating here. I am in France living in a part of the barn we are converting. It's well insulated and I can easily keep it at 16C with a 2Kw fan heater at a low setting.

We've tested ours a couple of weeks back as we do every autumn, but we don't need it yet. We had our cavity wall insulation done in spring and I topped up the loft insulation - it's definitely making a difference.

surfdude

Veteran
we have a rule that when the wife and kids are cold with a jumper on then the heating is allowed on . mind you i work outdoors all year so dont really feel it . when i get home the house is always alot warmer then outside . i cant stand it when i go to other peoples houses and the kids sit there in t.shirts saying that they are cold and then the parants turn the heating on .what a waste !

Davidc

Guru
Just comes on if the temperature in the hall is below 18 deg. That means it's been on a few times, but will probably take a few days off when it's warm during the winter.

mark barker

I haven't got central heating! I haven't considered lighting a fire yet either, although I have put a jumper on!
Not someone thats bothered by the cold, but I hate going into houses that blast you with hot air as you open the front door.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Our heating costs us a flipping fortune... big old draughty house, though insulated well at the top.
Usually keep thermostat at 17.... kids/mrs F sneak it up a bit when they think I'm not watching, then 30 mins later I sneak it down again... it's a game we play
smile.gif

Had coal fire going a bit... usually Sat/Sun evenings and when we've got visitors.

Speicher

Vice Admiral
Do I live in the same country as you all?

So far this week, it has been so warm in this house, that I have needed to open some windows to let the heat out.

:unsure:

If anyone dares to allude to hot air, I will ban them from the Tea thread! :smile:

levad

Veteran
We have a very modern device called thermastat and thermastatic radiator valves, no need to to "switch it off", if its warmer than 16 deg then it stays off, any less and it comes on.

al78

Guru
I have switched mine on yesterday, the thermostat is set to 15C so it only comes on for about 20 mins in the morning and 20 mins in the evening. By leaving the blinds down on the windows the sun does the job of keeping the house reasonably warm during the day. My boiler has been playing up this week so am leaving the heating on as a test, could probably do without it atm as it has warmed up a bit.

Top Bottom