Who has ............

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru

No blood in ya viens, im on the welsh coast without dbl glazing and i still have'nt put mine on, probably because im such a tight arse, no that squeak is'nt my back brake or wheel.... lol :laugh:

Went on Monday.

BIG TIP: do not start messing about with it late on a Sunday evening. That way when you shut the valves on the pump and they start to leak its not a panic to then drain the system down to stop them dripping before you can go to bed.
Also that switch next to the valve for the underfloor heating, the one that has the wire going to the valve. Best not to assume it actually turns the electric off the valve before trying to change it. Ouch.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Went on Monday.

BIG TIP: do not start messing about with it late on a Sunday evening. That way when you shut the valves on the pump and they start to leak its not a panic to then drain the system down to stop them dripping before you can go to bed.
Also that switch next to the valve for the underfloor heating, the one that has the wire going to the valve. Best not to assume it actually turns the electric off the valve before trying to change it. Ouch.

BIG TIP #2: Best not to assume that the mains water stop-cock actually shuts off your house either. Or that the isolating valve on the sink shuts off the flow
(the one that the idiot plumber actually allowed you to reach with a screwdriver, rather than the one that pointed directly into the wall).

Sunday night, bad time. Thanks Piemaster. I felt your pain :biggrin:

ThePainInSpain

What's Central Heating ?

It's all a bit 1950's still over here. Unfortunately the Spanish have this thing that it's ALWAYS warm here, so everything is geared around the heat.

Well it ain't always warm, and yes we do occasionally have a frost, and the houses are not designed for such cold.

So the missus has retreaved the Gas Fires, and the electric blanket, in readiness.

At the moment it's 07c (and it's only forecast to be a high of 20c today)

Piped Natural gas is only just reaching a few selected areas, so bottle gas is the main source of supply. A neighbour had central heating installed about 3 years ago, it runs on Butane. each cylinder cost around €40 and he uses 1 every 3 days when the CH is on.

Can't wait 'til I'm a pensioner and get the Heating Allowance.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
No - not yet ... (unwritten rule in our house - never switched on before 1st Nov), and I'm sitting here in a long sleeved T-shirt ... though thinking a jumper would be nice. Luckily we have a warm house, cavity wall insulated years ago and south facing.

However when I go outside - then I'm someone who really feels the cold.... and will have on more layers than 90% of the rest on this forum!!

Top Bottom