Who hates Sam Brown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You're married and get privileges? :smile:

ChrisKH said:
reflective Ikea jacket for me. I don't like wearing it but Mrs KH said it's that and helmet or no marriage privileges for me. :biggrin:

rh100

bright orange hi viz vest for me - flourescent colour for the day - reflective strips for the night.
Flashing led armband for country roads

garrilla

Trevrev said:
Don't get me wrong...I have reflective piping, strips, on nearly every item i wear.
But the Sam just makes me feel like a tit !!!
But i'd rather be an alive tit i guess. My 6 year old just loves taking the piss out of me in it.

I came in a few weeks ago with Led-blinking-relfective bands and my son, 15, also laughed said I "looked a dick". I put it to him that only one of us was dick and asked if it was the person who put safety before style or the person who put style before safety. He soon apologised and withdrew back to his pit.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I hate putting it on in the autumn (I wear one for 6 months of the year) but I can honestly say that within a week it no longer bothers me a tall a tall.

garrilla

logan51.jpg

Origamist

Legendary Member
Twenty Inch said:
Sort of "What the Nazi cyclist is wearing" look - I like it.

Exactly - SS cycle couture!

In summer, I prefer the white KKK look with a black sash. Yin and yang and all that...

wafflycat

Sam Browne style stuff does not fit with the ample chesticles of this lady cyclist. After dark it's an elf 'n' safety gilet for me. Personally I couldn't give a gnat's bollock that I look like a dork, I rest easy in the knowledge that due to wearing acres of reflectives & having lights, that should some terminally blind berk in charge of a tonne or more of metal seriously injure me, that the tame shark that comes with being a member of a cycling organisation, I have the ability to sue the twunt who knocked me off for everything he/she owns, as he/she can't get round the "I didn't see her as he wasn't wearing reflectives/using lights" retort that would be used...

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Sam Brown stuff doesn't fit with the fairly thin cyclist that is me either. I had a Sam Brown belt but stopped using it. Had it fitted much better I might have continued. Nice idea with retro reflectives, I've seen them work quite well on motorcyclists.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Yup i have one and 2 arm bands as well as reflective bits on clothes,gloves ,overshoes and even took the hi viz stuff off the trouser clips mrs CK bought me ( eer why? ) and stuck them on my helmet.

Better looking like a pranny and being alive than a dead cool looking guy......

As people have said before if your all light up and they still hit you they have less of a chance of evading the bill

Arch

Married to Night Train
Only waffles has it right so far... It's Sam Browne, with an e.

Personally, I prefer a waistcoat, it's about time to add it to my wardrobe - I just put it over my regular yellow coat and leave it there until about April..

It's got more reflective area, and it says POLITE on the back...:biggrin:

Top Bottom