Who here is a musician?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

Excellent...!

Ok..so my view (FWIW) would be that this should be a kind of open jam type project...anybody who wants in can be in as long as they have the technology. We should have some kind of dare I say it 'leadership' just so we dont all go recording stuff willy nilly and get frustrated etc...so..

What we need next I reckon are some 'guide' chords to be laid down, on rhythm guitar. Then we have a basic background track to work over, this should follow a pattern...along with the drums. Soon as that is done we can get on with writing the funny part...the lyrics!..then we'll have a song and we can embellish it with keys, geetars, mandolins, backing singing...weird noises and even triangles if you like!

..so whoever wanted to do rhythm guitar....I guess you are up next! Lay down some chords or a riff pattern over the drums...keeping in mind where the verse & chorus &solos etc should go....use whatever sound/vibe you like...

mikeitup

Veteran
Uncle Phil said:
I was thinking of starting with a cover to make it easy to agree on what should be played by whom and when, and to establish exactly how it'd all work.

But I like the idea of just evolving something between ourselves. If we were all together in a rehearsal room what would happen? We'd probably get started jamming with something like a 12 bar blues, maybe a slow shuffle. That way everyone knows what's coming next. Record us a drum track, with the appropriate fills, for that, BTFB, say 6 verses.

All the guitarists can take a solo verse each!

Shall we say, in A?

But I think we still need a central file store, where anyone can download the tracks others have recorded. They'll need to be able to at least hear them while they record their own against it. Just sending files to each other will limit who can do what and when. When we've got a whole mass of files, anyone who wants to, and has the appropriate software, can play producer and put it all together.

You can never have too many guitarists!!! ;)

I have Cakewalk Guitar tracks Pro running on windows xp.can record wav but not midi.

I recon a 10min solo each ;)

KitsuneAndy

I play a bit of guitar/bass and do a bit of programming on reason. Not sure if I'll have time to contribute anything though as I'm just starting a new job and have a feeling I'm going to be very busy teaching myself to code so that I don't get sacked ;)

I run ProTools LE at home though, so if you want a hand mixing/mastering anything just give me a shout.

OP
OP
Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke

I run ProTools LE at home though, so if you want a hand mixing/mastering anything just give me a shout.

If you have pro tools you automatically qualify as official mixer producer...can you drive it?

I have only got a Roland VS1880 hard disc recorder which is pretty good...but not in the pro tools league.

Top Bottom