Who here lives in N.Devon and N. Somerset borders - Tiverton/Barnstable/Taunton Triangle?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Any news you can share @Fab Foodie ?

From your hot tap thread it sounds as if you have seen the light.
Without wanting to jinx anything, we haz put a deposit on a new build house in Devonshire :-)
All being well we will be resident in June!

Sadly Woods will be a weekend treat. We lost a perfect house in Dulverton to cash buyers and considering the lack if suitable housing stock there, the chance of finding something while hanging-on to our buyer was looking grim. We got the gist there were a lot of cash-buyers in the hunt as well as us. Furthermore, in the camper it was costing £150 a weekend to go hunting.
So @Hill Wimp came-up with a most excellent plan-B, for which we have pinned our hopes. It means 6 months in rented, but it’ll be worth it.

Last edited:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Losing Dulverton might be a lucky escape. You'd have been dangerously close to the mad R Fiennes, or what's left of him after frostbite.

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Without wanting to jinx anything, we haz put a deposit on a new build house in Devonshire :-)
All being well we will be resident in June!
Where to, me dear?

True 'dat. It's ~3.5 hrs c/w 2.5hrs from Deal.
As I usually end-up overnighting at LHR before early flights it's a bit of my time I'm trading for better living elsewhere. Also, whilst the M5/M4 is no saint, it's better than the southern loop of the M25.
Flights can also be taken from Bristol to Dublin (handy for head-office) and then Hubs at Frankfurt and Amsterdam as well as direct to Copenhagen, Budapest, Vienna, Rome, Madrid, Paris and Prague as alternatives to LHR routings. As long as the company doesn't see it as an issue (they don't) it's no biggie.
Deal is a fab town to live, hard to beat in many respects apart from 1 issue...it's bloody miles from the rest of the country and you have to get around the M25. All of our Lure coursing is M4 Corridor, my family is mostly Oxfordshire, we like to travel in the Camper and the world is better when starting West. taking dogs across the channel is now damned expensive (thanks to you know what) so the benefit of Europe on our doorstep is greatly diminished.

Crikey, that's a colossal carbon footprint you will be generating with all that driving to and fro. It'll take a huge annual amount of cycling to 'offset' that!

Top Bottom