Who is hibernating now?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
The cold doesn't worry me but the road surface does. Slick tyres don't like winter.

Slick tyres are fine.

e-rider

crappy member
I have a plan to holiday in a sunny country from Dec-Feb one day (in my dreams) - I hate cycling in winter but do it enough to keep some fitness. I usually try the rollers at the beginning of each winter but the boredom kills me! I'm already looking forward to March/April

screenman

Legendary Member
The cold doesn't worry me but the road surface does. Slick tyres don't like winter.

I will ride slicks on most rides, luckily for me I do have a good selection of bikes and I can ride off road from my garden, so on really bad icy days it will be one of the MTBs

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I have a plan to holiday in a sunny country from Dec-Feb one day (in my dreams) - I hate cycling in winter but do it enough to keep some fitness. I usually try the rollers at the beginning of each winter but the boredom kills me! I'm already looking forward to March/April
I know the feeling about being bored whilst on rollers. I take my laptop with me and put a film on, it helps.

I think my miles will taper off compared to the summer but hoping to ride through the winter. I dont want to lose the fitness I've gained this year. so, to answer the op, nope not stopping!

S-Express

Are you coming up to North Wales then?

You mean the bit of Wales that is in line with Manchester and Sheffield and south of Leeds, York and other areas where thousands of riders routinely ride throughout winter?

Over the past few years I have ridden considerably more miles in winter than I have in Summer - I tend to put my bikes away during the Summer when all the nobbers who have spent most of the winter racing against others on a computer in their homes/garages come out

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Over the past few years I have ridden considerably more miles in winter than I have in Summer - I tend to put my bikes away during the Summer when all the nobbers who have spent most of the winter racing against others on a computer in their homes/garages come out
You are quite a rude person aren't you?

Drago

Legendary Member
Cycling skills are for life. A few weeks off the bike won't degrade them. I have always found myself comfortable on a bike, no matter how long a break.
Rubbish. You'll likely never actually forget how to ride a bike, but your skills and roadcraft will degrade for sure. This is why people practice things, to enhance and maintain their ability to conduct a particular task. You've only to look at the typical roadie wobbling about the place come Spring after four or five months on nothing but rollers.

Top Bottom