Who is training for first Triathlon in 2012?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Daddydadbo

hi Arsen...I managed London marathon in last year in 4.49 and a couple of halfs just over 2 hours. will be a completely different ball game after a swim and cycle though! Will be doing smaller events as soon as i get some miles in on my new bike !

My cousin does Iron Man and after the 2 mile swim and 112 mile cycle she did the marathon in 4 hours 5. Just so you know what sort of people you are up againt. I am planning to work my way up to a Half Iron Man as a 40th Birthday treat! I have never done a marathon but have done a few halfs in just over 2 hours with minimal training. To train for Iron Man you need to dedicate a LOT of your spare time, I know I will struggle with 2 young kids.

Best of luck though, but I would work your way up over a couple of years at least or you will risk serious injury.

edwardd67

Got myself a new bike today cannondale caad8 sora ....lovely!!
Got the same bike --love it^_^

gb901

Seems there are a few members who, like me, are aiming for their first Tri in 2012. I like the idea of being part of a (virtual)group of people with a similar goal. Helps my motivation.

I am still learning to swim (I am up to about 300 meters front crawl) so this is my challenge over the winter. Then will try my first try in Spring or early summer next year. Fingers crossed!

So who is also aiming for their first tri next year and what stage are they at in their training?
which Tri will be your first?
just finished 2nd season: 1 x sprint plus 2 x olympic

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I'm looking at my first tri next year - the Skipton sprint tri in April and the Yorkshire one in July, Olympic distance.

Cycling's fine. Just got to (massively) improve my running - I run through the local park late at night and I know I'm getting better. The local muggers are giving up quicker :tongue:

Benthedoon

I've signed up for my first tri next year, just a sprint but I'm battling through with several collapsed discs in the small of my back so running does sting a bit some days, that said, the OW swim is my main concern but training and more training should do the job, my wife is training for the London marathon next year so we're not seeing each other much at the moment but I suppose something has to give if you want to achieve your goals.

Leightonr

Doing my first triathlon this year to mark my 50th birthday. I'm mainly a runner having run the London marathon in times between 4hr and 4hrs 20 minutes in each of the last 3 years. Got into the open water swimming last year and loved it and now just having some lessons to concentrate on technique. Cycling is my weak point - I am doing ther tris on my Specialized Secteur roadbike. I am entered in Blenheim Sprint in June and Ely half Ironman in August

Nofers

Regular
Booked for my first sprint tri in July , have not done any training at any discipline, do I need a proper trainer or can I just train myself, the distance seems short (ish).

Top Bottom