Who is training for first Triathlon in 2012?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mr Mag00

rising member
eh?:huh: human race charge you 135 for everything inc delivery how is that cheaper than 100? i know 45 is cheaper than 85 but that 85 inc hire and deposit. human race is 45 + 75 deposit plus delivery= 135. with triuk you can go and try new ones on and save 15 hence the 85, human race you cannot. to me that is even cheaper than 135

oh well folks you have 2 options 100 (85) or 135 either way both are good price for a tri wetsuit, not not the best but great value nonetheless.

OP
OP
007fair

007fair

Well that was my first Tri, Sun 13th .. it went Ok (no mishaps) and finished in just under 1hour 30 mins. Not OW though (thats next month) and I was very pleased about that.

I was held up a bit in the swim but not much - it was either that or going into the next faster heat and holding others up.

As it was cold most people were putting on at least 2 layers after the swim and I also wore socks. Generally there was lots of swearing at T1! I think I could save a minute or two at T1 with warmer weather.

Very wet and windy so the downhill section on the bike was a bit hairy.

It was great to be involved and I loved the buzz. Am quite excited - and nervous - about the OW one next month.
I very pleased to have 'found' triathlons - its more all over body fitness and less stressful on the joints than just running or cycling.
I owe the guy who taught me to swim a few pints!

suew

Regular
Congratulations! I too completed my first triathlon on Sunday - it was a try a tri but was a great introduction to it especially as I don't get much time to train with a 1 year old and a 2 year old at home but I really enjoyed it and have my first sprint distance triathlon on Sunday.

Congratulations! I too completed my first triathlon on Sunday - it was a try a tri but was a great introduction to it especially as I don't get much time to train with a 1 year old and a 2 year old at home but I really enjoyed it and have my first sprint distance triathlon on Sunday.

well done :highfive:

was it East Grinstead?? Whats next :smile:

Me too! I did my first on Sunday:
Swim 400m - 8m 46s, T1 - 2m 51s, Cycle 15.09 miles - 46m 35s, T2 - 1m 11s, Run 3.9 miles - 32m 35s, Total 1 hr 32m 01s

So not bad... The cycle was my first long ride on this, so I was very happy with the 19 mph - the swim was good, I'd expected to do 11 mins and ended up overtaking everyone in my heat; I can only imagine I'd been reading the clock wrong in practices... The run was fine, but my pacing was very poor - I didn't really have a feel for how far I had left at any point so ended up going slower round than I needed to.

But its a start!

OP
OP
007fair

007fair

Amasidlover What distance was your Tri.? It looks like a mix of Novice, Sprint and Standard! Or is that just in scotland we use those tags?

Anyway sounds good. Nice to have one under the belt.

It was theoretically a sprint - it was the Wilmslow one; the swim was pool based and I think 400m is sprint distance for a pool based swim, the cycle was just over 24k which is about 4k too long for a sprint, the run was originally going to be 5.6k but a revised route came out near the time and it was 6.2k and included foot bridge crossings of a railway line and dual carriage way on both in and out so 4 sets of stairs to go up and down!

Thinking of doing the Buxton one in July, apparently it has hills...

Me too! I did my first on Sunday:
Swim 400m - 8m 46s, T1 - 2m 51s, Cycle 15.09 miles - 46m 35s, T2 - 1m 11s, Run 3.9 miles - 32m 35s, Total 1 hr 32m 01s

So not bad... The cycle was my first long ride on this, so I was very happy with the 19 mph - the swim was good, I'd expected to do 11 mins and ended up overtaking everyone in my heat; I can only imagine I'd been reading the clock wrong in practices... The run was fine, but my pacing was very poor - I didn't really have a feel for how far I had left at any point so ended up going slower round than I needed to.

But its a start!

Well done Amasidlover, those are great times :thumbsup:

david1701

I am officially bottling out on mine as I feel far too unfit and am finding swimming exhausting (in a sea pool, not even in the actual sea) but I'm enjoying the training do I'm thinking to step it up a bit and go for next years tri.....

OP
OP
007fair

007fair

probably right David. The swim should be fairly relaxing (or maybe thats just me not trying hard enough). I still have time to bottle out of my OW swim

edwardd67

Just turned 44 on Tuesday did my first triathlon today . Over all time 1 hour 35mins 44 secs.
Sprint distance 750 pool swim 17mins 05 secs T1 2mins 12 secs 20k cycle 43mins 34 secs T2 59 seconds 5k run 31mins 50 sec
Run was brutal 2.5 k uphill in blister heat 26 degrees:sun:

Just turned 44 on Tuesday did my first triathlon today . Over all time 1 hour 35mins 44 secs.
Sprint distance 750 pool swim 17mins 05 secs T1 2mins 12 secs 20k cycle 43mins 34 secs T2 59 seconds 5k run 31mins 50 sec
Run was brutal 2.5 k uphill in blister heat 26 degrees:sun:

Well done on your first Triathlon, you will remember it forever :smile: Those times are excellent for a first time and the weather is an extra challenge that you had to deal with and overcome very well by the results! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom