Who Is Using What Tyres And Best Results Please...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swiftylee

i am looking for the best tyre upgrade for my caad 8

i am doing 117 charity cycle in august and dont really want a puncture...

who is using what ?

how many puntures etc...

thanks

vickster

Legendary Member
2000+ miles on stock Giant tyres, one puncture - all ridden on rubbish greater London roads

Marathon + seem to to have the best rep for robustness. If the tyres are new and fitted carefully, and you avoid debris on the road and potholes, you would be unlucky to get a fairy visit. But practice changing the tyre (M+ are tough to fit though) and make sure you have a couple of spare tubes with you plus all the necessary tools

This may hep http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/tires.133979/#post-2522968 . Perhaps the spelling threw you off ^_^

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Schwalbe Durano Plus. 2800 miles and still going strong. Been on some pretty rough roads and no visitations so far, although I have probably just tempted fate!

outlash

also available in orange
Rubino's.

See in as many posts you get as many different answers.

It really isn't down to what tyres you choose, it's down to how you look after them.

+1, I had a short spell with Rubino's but one split on me after only 150 miles so going by that I wouldn't recommend them, but there's so many variables with tyres (road surface, care etc etc) you couldn't possibly make that a definitive answer. I've currently got vredstein tricomp fortezza's and so far they've been excellent.

Tony.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Durano Plus on the road bikes. First front on the Viner did well over 7,000 miles before being replaced as a precaution before it went to Normandy last week. Now on its third rear- first one died because I ran it under pressure and took all the top layer of rubber off, the second one just done after the sidewall cracked, plus there was a gouge in the tread down to the smartguard layer. The set on the Condor are somewhat lower mileage, but no issues there. No visits on either bike.

PaulSecteur

No longer a Specialized fanboy
Michelin Pro 4, Service course and Endurance.

I like them...

<-------------------------------------THIS MUCH--------------------------------------->

potsy

Rambler
Durano+ for commuting duties, Michelin Pro4 Endurance on the weekend bike, though any of the above tyres should be better than the Luganos they come with.

Don't be worrying about getting a puncture though, practice how to fix it in the comfort of your garage/kitchen first and it'll only take 10 mins max to sort out at the road side :thumbsup:

Top Bottom