Who knows......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavintc

Guru
My Dad told me about doing just that. He would cycle out to races with his race wheels hanging from the bars. I had know idea what the bracket looked like, or how it actually worked, so thanks for giving me a little bit on an insight into how it was actually done.

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
GrasB said:
What did I win? what did I win? :biggrin:

You win the title of
"near knowledgeable person"
And know more then these other people that didn't even have a clue about it!

OP
OP
J

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
gavintc said:
My Dad told me about doing just that. He would cycle out to races with his race wheels hanging from the bars. I had know idea what the bracket looked like, or how it actually worked, so thanks for giving me a little bit on an insight into how it was actually done.

It is pretty darn cool i think.
On that website i linked to, it says how the riders would ride there with full mudguards on, rack and lights, and get to the start and strip them all off, put the good wheels on, ride the race, put all the stuff back on then go for a ride.
The person that gave it me said its abit of a shame that now, even though there's all these gears that they have, alot of people wont ride to the race, or ride after. And how the bikes have changed to get tight clearances, whereas back then, there were big gaps between the tyre and top of the brake etc, and it never bothered anyone.
The club captain often does a dip into the past with the clubs newsletters, and it is a good read.

Top Bottom