Who on CC has bought a 'cheap' Chinese carbon frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Looks stunning :tongue:

I must admit I'm very tempted by one of their "mountain" frames, I could just swap all the components from my hardtail and end up with a carbon one
biggrin.gif

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Is the seat post adjustasble or do you have to cut it at the desired height?

Mine is

Some of the pure race machines (with I'd waited for one of those) the FM015 have ISP's you cant cut them, you just have to make sure they fit, very strange

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
If you don't mind me asking, roughly how many Great British pounds did this set you back?

A princely £589

HOWEVER, I had the wheels, Saddle, Bars and Stem already

brockers

I've always wondered if anybody's ever compiled some sort of database of which Taiwanese/Chinese manufactured frames get re-badged by the more established frame-makers.* Those Hongfu road frames look the same as the likes of Dean Downing and Rapha Condor ride, and I swear that my Basso Laguna is the same as a cheaper Ambrosio frame: the carbon lay-up, tube shapes and sizes are identical. Although mine has a Made in Italy sticker on it, that can mean that it was just designed and finished in Italy, but all the labour intensive carbon work was done in Taiwan. Ribble are known for badging Deda/Pedalforce frames. Any more examples?

*come to think of it, this is the sort of thing that Weightweenies would have if I could be arsed to look!

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Nice, however you need a nice pair of michelin krylion tyres in yellow to compliment that :whistle:

zigzag

Veteran
i spoke to one guy on my last audax about his chinese carbon bike. he's using it heavily for the second season and is chuffed about it. do i need one?:rolleyes:

Top Bottom