Who on CC has bought a 'cheap' Chinese carbon frame?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zigzag

Veteran
That's the second 'shall I buy a new bike' post of yours I've read recently. Sounds like there is an itch that is going to need scratched soon - probably with a credit card!

my new (used) frame arrived today, just need to transplant bits and pieces from my audax bike. it's a proper aggressive race frame, quite excited to try it out. the only problem is that i've gained over 5kg during recent all-inclusive holidays, so the impressions about performance will be somewhat distorted. oh well..

frank9755

Cyclist
i've gained over 5kg during recent all-inclusive holidays

That's good work - bulking up for PBP! Good luck with new build.

The temptation to get one of these frames and build up a lightweight bike is building up! What has tipped the balance for me was realising that it could share the Dura Ace wheels on my TT bike, making it both a lot cheaper and easier to store...

Friz

The more you ride, the less your ass will hurt.
Oh hell. This is the last bloody thread I needed to see...

I DO need a new road bike though....

Judderz

Just been looking on e-hongfu's site, you can now get a carbon frame and fork for £205: This one

Is this similar to the one you got Gaz, not sure on the forks, but for the price, I ain't gonna complain, also, what's the shipping cost and delivery time like?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Just been looking on e-hongfu's site, you can now get a carbon frame and fork for £205: This one

Is this similar to the one you got Gaz, not sure on the forks, but for the price, I ain't gonna complain, also, what's the shipping cost and delivery time like?

Shipping was $90

Delivery 7 days

Don't know about that frame tho

I've a fm028 ( commuter ) and I'm finishing off a FM015

sandman77

I just finished building up my new bike based on a carbon frame and fork I bought from a seller called bikebicycle99 on ebay. The cost for the carbon frame and fork complete with headset was £250 including delivery.
I fitted it with a 10 speed Shimano 105 groupset and it is pictured here with a pair of East Vista wheels. I took the stem, bars, seatpost, saddle and pedals from my old bike (specialized allez). I had planned to keep the bike with no decals but I thought it looked a bit boring just bare carbon so I ordered some decals from a seller on ebay and they transformed the look of the bike.

I am over the moon with the bike, it rides great and is pretty light for a 58cm bike (a shade under 9kgs). The quality of the bike seems excelent too and at least on par with my planet-x carbon stealth TT bike.

It took just over a week for the bike to arrive and I cannot fault it. I am doing a 105 mile ride on it on sunday and cant wait.

This will not be the last frame I buy directly from the far east.

Attachments

• bike.JPG
    bike.JPG
    718.7 KB · Views: 220

frank9755

Cyclist
Gaz,
What's happened? I was just homing in on making a purchase and I see that you have got rid of all yours! Is there something that I should know before I buy - why the sudden change of heart...?

I bought from a seller called bikebicycle99 on ebay.

Here's a direct LINK to sandmans seller. He could do with opening an ebay shop or listing in more categories imo. 2596 items listed all in one category.

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
Gaz,
What's happened? I was just homing in on making a purchase and I see that you have got rid of all yours! Is there something that I should know before I buy - why the sudden change of heart...?

Fear not, go for it

I put over 2200 miles on my FM028 in the space of approx 4 months, using it as my daily commuter, I still have a carbon machine but wanted variety TBH

So I've ended up with a SS, MTB and CX along side my Carbon roadie.

Jezston

Über Member
QUESTION FOR THOSE WITH CHINESE CARBON FRAMES!

I've read plenty from people online singing these praises of these frames.

BUT!

In every case when the rider has said what other bikes they own, it appears that none have actually owned a fancy brand name carbon framed bike.

Is there anyone out there familiar with BOTH? Is there any tangible difference between the 'real deal' and the unbranded? Are they in fact the same frames, or are they just slightly crude copies of other designs that miss key points learned from the original R&D and result in frames that while seemingly impressive, are not in the same league as the originals in terms of weight and feel?

OP
OP
gb155

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
QUESTION FOR THOSE WITH CHINESE CARBON FRAMES!

I've read plenty from people online singing these praises of these frames.

BUT!

In every case when the rider has said what other bikes they own, it appears that none have actually owned a fancy brand name carbon framed bike.

Is there anyone out there familiar with BOTH? Is there any tangible difference between the 'real deal' and the unbranded? Are they in fact the same frames, or are they just slightly crude copies of other designs that miss key points learned from the original R&D and result in frames that while seemingly impressive, are not in the same league as the originals in terms of weight and feel?

I've rode a canndondale six

Tbh my fake Pina felt better to ride

My fm028 was much of a much-ness

And my fm015 was like nothing else but I'd rather the six over that model

Top Bottom