Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sara_H

Guru
Me and the dog tried the bike lead for the first time today, we loved it.
null_zpsfc98d18f.png

He clashes with the panniers, can't you accessorise him better.

How easy is it to take that bar off?

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
He clashes with the panniers, can't you accessorise him better.

How easy is it to take that bar off?

It's very easy, there's an attachment that stays permenantly fitted, the bar slots in and out.
I thought he went quite well with the panniers! I'll take him to the poodle parlour for a red rinse.

the look on his face suggests otherwise...
He was mid bark. He doesn't like posing for photos! He did enjoy it, honest!

Last edited:
It's very easy, there's an attachment that stays permanently fitted, the bar slots in and out.
I thought he went quite well with the panniers! I'll take him to the poodle parlour for a red rinse.

It's that big bit on the bike I don't like but I rarely take mine somewhere I can't let him run next to me.

I wonder if poodle parlours do 'I rolled in something dead' services?

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
It's that big bit on the bike I don't like but I rarely take mine somewhere I can't let him run next to me.

I wonder if poodle parlours do 'I rolled in something dead' services?
Well, the big bit on the bike is only four bolts. So not much bother t remove. TBH I don't notice it's there when I'm rinding. Sadly, my dog can't be trusted to run alongside unrestrained!

sittingbull

Veteran
If he gets tired you can always put him in the basket for a rest ;)

OP
OP
Sara_H

Sara_H

Guru
Woo hoo, glad it's working out. :cheers:
Took us long enough to get going, I was a bit scared to be honest!

I walked him to a local car park and when round in circles for a few minutes and he took to it straight away, so I rode up to the park and did a little circle. I felt a little tug or two at one point and looked down to see he'd spotted a squirrel, but he didn't mange to pull us off course or cause any problems.

I'm amazed how well it works and how stable it feels.

Last edited:

ayceejay

Guru
I think an old dog might be better than a young 'un for this particular pursuit a friend had a rescue dog, a huge headstrong thing and she would use it instead of pedaling alongside canals in Deft, the speed was amazing - the direction - not so much.

Top Bottom