Who still owns a wallet/purse?

Do you or don't you own a wallet or purse?

  • Yes

    Votes: 52 88.1%
  • No

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • What is a wallet or purse?

    Votes: 0 0.0%

  • Total voters
    59
Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Location
South Manchester
Yes, carries my various membership/payment cards, and maybe £10.
 

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Location
Plymouth
Yes I have one of those shielding ones with my bank card and driving license in it. I rarely take it out though and just rely on my phone. Even when I do take it out, I never have cash in it. Maybe sometimes after a christmas or birthday if I get a cash gift, then I'll carry it around and try to remember to use up the cash!
 

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Location
Hamtun
Two wallets; one for cards & cash, one for work related licenses etc, & two horseshoe thingies for coins of the realm, one in the glovebox in the car & one in a rucksack.


Ooooh! I'm fibbing! I have a wallet permanently in my hiking & biking day-pack with emergency contact details, blood group card, a tenner & loose change.
 

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Location
Plymouth
I do remember the days of a packed leather wallet though, which was quite cumbersome to carry around, and would get hot and sweaty on a night out. Thankfully as the number of cards increased (as what happens when you get to a certain age), the phone technology rendered many of them redundant
 

wakemalcolm

Legendary Member
Location
Ratho
I do still own one but it just sits in a drawer with some cash in case I need a small job done around the house and want to pay in cash.

Which room?
 

All uphill

Still rolling along
Location
Somerset
I recently took some books in to Oxfam as a donation.

The two ladies (they were definitely ladies, not women) asked for my donor card. I told them I was on their computer system and they could look it up.

I got a severe telling off, "You should carry it in a leather wallet!"
"What do you mean you don't have a wallet!?"

It was brilliant.
 

Mad Doug Biker

Mediocrity Manifest.
Location
Craggy Island
It just doesn't feel right being out without a wallet (unless for a good reason)

I have a nice, if a little careworn, dark blue leather one:



IMG_6566.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom