Who turns out lights in your house?

Who actually walks the talk round your gaff?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KneesUp

Guru
I turn off lights continuously at work, lots are on all day but lots have a switch that seems to technical for many of our staff.
Place I used to work had those motion sensitive lights. If ever you were in early they were always going off.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Me or Mrs F. It's the reason all the bulbs are LED. Daughter and Son have very bright spots. Daughter's was halogen at first, but the heat was crazy, so swapped to LED.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
Me.
It drives me up the wall that Mrs B and child 2 leave a trail of switched on lights. - Even though most of our lights are led and have been for a few years and and the few that are not are either fluorescent tubes or bulbs

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
By coincidence I was talking to a bloke yesterday who got on the subject of his stepson leaving lights on and filling kettles to the brim just to make a cup of tea etc He said the lad's going away to university this year and when asked by stepdad how much he thinks it'll cost a month for his electricity bill he replied ' about ten pounds':rolleyes:

Jimidh

Veteran
My big big bear was the light in our main bathroom which was never switched off and could be one all night if one of the kids got up once we were in bed.

But in the last few weeks we had the main bathroom done and it now has motion sensitive ‘mood lighting’ that stays on for 2 minutes after someone leaves the room.

Looks great but stops me getting annoyed so well worth it.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
It's me in our house too.

On the heating thing, an architect friend tells me that due to metabolic differences, men prefer a temperature indoors around 3 degrees cooler than women. So either Mrs Knees wears a jumper indoors, or I'm in shorts and a t-shirt.

This is true. It's why many offices struggle to set heating that pleases everyone.

Slick

Guru
This is true. It's why many offices struggle to set heating that pleases everyone.
Or anyone for that matter. I work in a glass fronted office and even during hot spells the girls in there insist on keeping the radiators on. I'm first in and go round every morning turning them off though. :okay:

Last edited:
Top Bottom