Who was on the new 'undetectable' drugs at this year's Tour?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Chuffy said:
As I've said before, regarding Wiggy, I believe that he's clean and I have faith in him, but belief and faith don't necessarily amount to certainty.

Regarding CW, didn't he upset Team GB by riding for one of his (Italian) trade team colleagues in the Worlds a few years ago? That would account for his absence, wouldn't it?

Yeah, that and other stuff...

Flying_Monkey said:
Yeah, that and his heavy use of asthma medication...
Documented?
He seems to be The Invisible Brit. :blush:

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
He didn't deny the result, but he had his spleen removed when he was younger (as my Dad did) and this can lead to much higher than normal haemocrit levels. That doesn't prove he wasn't doping of course, but he is considered to be innocent...

U

User169

Had a bit of a read about Aicar. Its connection with increased endurance appears to be based on one experiment carried out on mice which was reported last year.

I'm amazed that anyone would be desperate enough to consume a fairly unknown drug on the basis of such scant data, not least because I doubt there's very much known about its long term safety profile.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Delftse Post said:
Had a bit of a read about Aicar. Its connection with increased indurance appears to be based on one experiment carried out on mice which was reported last year.

I'm amazed that anyone would be desperate enough to consume a fairly unknown drug on the basis of such scant data, not least because I doubt there's very much known about its long term safety profile.

I agree that it is incredible that riders are willing to take such risks on unknown drugs but as Tommy Simpson said, if it takes 10 to kill you, I'll take 9.
Sadly, he took the whole 10.

Noodley

Taking stuff which thickens your blood can hardly be described as 'safe' either...but it doesn't stop people doing it :biggrin:

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Delftse Post said:

That's probably one thing that separates many of the top competitors from the rest of us...

Flying_Monkey said:
That's probably one thing that separates many of the top competitors from the rest of us...
If you can get it before the rest of the cheating b'stards pack do, you've got an edge. Of course they'll try stuff whatever the risk!

Noodley

rich p said:
Anyway, if Cw was one of Brailsford's 'do not pick', who was Noodley's other suspect?

I don't have suspects....the book said there were 4 riders. I started to look at it today but could not get far due to my limited knowledge of pro racing.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Noodley said:
I don't have suspects....the book said there were 4 riders. I started to look at it today but could not get far due to my limited knowledge of pro racing.

Can't we just randomly smear a few possibly innocents?:biggrin:
I'm slightly miffed that there weren't any positives the other day!

Top Bottom