Who watches the Boat Race?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
I watch the boat race, it is one of those traditions of Britain. A bit like Wimbledon fortnight. It is nice to ordinary working class students from Oxbridge doing their bit.;)

Nope, can't be bothered with toffs blowing smoke up each others behinds.

I did watch the Whyte vs Browne fight last night, which was quite amusing...two fat blokes knocking seven shades out of each other.....well actually it was more like one fat bloke knocking the bejesus out of another equally fat bloke :laugh::boxing::boxing::boxing::laugh:

screenman

Legendary Member
Nope, can't be bothered with toffs blowing smoke up each others behinds.

I did watch the Whyte vs Browne fight last night, which was quite amusing...two fat blokes knocking seven shades out of each other.....well actually it was more like one fat bloke knocking the bejesus out of another equally fat bloke :laugh::boxing::boxing::boxing::laugh:

What toffs? Just seemed like a bunch of really hard working sports people from here.

Pleased to report that my dad continues to be on the winning side...his team hasn't lost a race since he was there in the 50s

I presume you have already got your striped rowing blazer on in anticipation.

And to double the excitement it’s a dead straight course in the fens with little current, no tide and no crowds.
If I had the right garment, I'd definitely wear it to watch.

Thanks @Accy cyclist for posting, I didn't know it was happening today! I've now read up on the course etc.

They say it can get quite lumpy. (In a tailwind - confusing terminology to a cyclist!)

Top Bottom