Who's at fault....Lorry driver, cyclist or the cycle lane designer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dawesome

If a drunk person fired a gun down a high street you wouldn't call any injury caused an "accident", it's the same with a drunk driver. Virtually all collisions on the roads have driver error as the cause. You shouldn't suggest it was nobody's fault if a drunk driver hurts someone.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
I'm not sure what your racist views about Nigerians have to do with anything. You think all black people are criminals?
Thank you dawesome, I have to say I really didn't expect you to cave so easily but I'm glad you've seen sense and recognised that you were being rather foolish and sweeping with your generalisations and I accept your apology, thanks again :smile:

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
If a drunk person fired a gun down a high street you wouldn't call any injury caused an "accident", it's the same with a drunk driver. Virtually all collisions on the roads have driver error as the cause. You shouldn't suggest it was nobody's fault if a drunk driver hurts someone.

A drunk person could have hold of a gun (why he has/does is irrelevant, but for argument sake lets assume someone just hands it to him), due to his drunkenness he slips and falls In the process he pulls the trigger, the gun fires into a crowd of people and kills a person.

Accident or murder?

Hip Priest

Veteran
That isn't what I've said. It's nothing to do with fault, it's to do with culpability.

Okay.

Only you and one or two others seem to believe that the word 'accident' implies that nobody is culpable. I hate to bring up my own motoring faux pas again, but when I had my accident, I was certainly 100% culpable and it was my fault. But it was an accident.

dawesome

Nope. Because accidents are unavoidable. Had you been paying attention you wouldn't have made such a silly mistake.

Hip Priest

Veteran
Because accidents are unavoidable.

Factually incorrect drivel.

When you've found a dictionary, any dictionary, that supports your definition of the word 'accident' and contradicts mine, please let me know.

Good luck!

dawesome

You can take it to extreme positions to reinforce what is really a very basic principle. If someone drinks eight pints of wife beater and decides to juggle chainsaws and severs his own foot it's certainly stretching it a bit to call it an "accident", right? The pissed-up juggler certainly didn't mean to hack his own foot off but he took part in an activity that made the possibility likely. If it was an accident there would have been no way to avoid it but I avoid hacking my foot off every day by avoiding juggling chain saws after a gallon of Stella.

Now, apply that to the roads and drivers trying to control half a ton of machinery whilst texting, say. It doesn't form intent; it doesn't make you evil; I don't believe anyone wants to cause crashes. But the fact remains that if you make errors and cause a collision, it is not an accident. It could have been prevented.

subaqua

What’s the point
Nope. Because accidents are unavoidable. Had you been paying attention you wouldn't have made such a silly mistake.

maybe the cyclist should have paid attention to the road then and ridden accordingly,and not gone up the inside putting himself in danger. maybe if he had hung back a little, maybe if he had ridden primary. but no it must be the lorry drivers fault as he is a lorry driver and therefore in Dawesomes mind a murdering scumbag.

heres some news. i can provide figures that a certain percentage of cyclist jump red lights and 100% of cyclists stopped at random by the police for RLJing RLJed . by your logic all cyclists must be red light jumpers.

BTW you still haven't confirmed the mechanical defects , which makes you a hypocrite as well as badly in a hole form which you keep digging down, rather than digging steps to get out.

dawesome

Why do you think relatives of the victim of a drunk driver get annoyed at the use of the word "accident"?

Hip Priest

Veteran
You can take it to extreme positions to reinforce what is really a very basic principle. If someone drinks eight pints of wife beater and decides to juggle chainsaws and severs his own foot it's certainly stretching it a bit to call it an "accident", right? The pissed-up juggler certainly didn't mean to hack his own foot off but he took part in an activity that made the possibility likely.

Well if he didn't mean to hack his foot off, but did hack his foot off, then it was an accident. But he only has himself to blame, because he was foolishly juggling chainsaws whilst bladdered.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom