Who's at fault?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Lad on a bike, pulling a wheelie, going through/over a pedestrian crossing against the flow of traffic for allowed vehicles. Taking avoiding action to avoid a pedestrian on their mobile, they collide with a car coming the other way. Front wheel ending up on the bonnet, rider on the road.

The lad on the bike has come through a junction the wrong way.
The car, and driver shouldn't have been there. Not amongst permitted vehicles.
Pedestrian appeared to be concentrating too much on their Mobile.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Everyone? 🤔

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Is this like an 'Irishman, Scotsman and Englishman' type joke?

I reckon they're all eejiots.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Is this just a poor attempt to resurrect the Tooting left hook discussion with an imaginatively created scenario, or has this 'incident' been witnessed and is the issue of fault (and presumably liability) being debated?

I only ask because, while I am sure such things do happen, this sounds a bit too much like a hypothetical situation with a perfect mix of complications and conundrums to be true.

IMO it was Colonel Mustard in the library with the spanner.....

Drago

Legendary Member
Leaving aside the mobile phone bit, was the pedestrian otherwise behaving lawfully?

For both insurers and the law, unlawful behaviour always trumps ill advised but otherwise lawful behaviour. Therefore, at face value I would suggest the organ donor, sorry, wheelie boy was at fault, but would beed to know more to be really sure.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Leaving aside the mobile phone bit, was the pedestrian otherwise behaving lawfully?

For both insurers and the law, unlawful behaviour always trumps ill advised but otherwise lawful behaviour. Therefore, at face value I would suggest the organ donor, sorry, wheelie boy was at fault, but would beed to know more to be really sure.
Sorry Master Drago, but you have failed. Failed to allow for the additional facts that we will be drip fed as the thread progresses, such as;
The pedestrian wasn't actually on the crossing but was an ex-con that did time for stealing Salvation Army donation pots.
The boy on the bike has autism and is from a single parent home.
The car driver is a volunteer for the blood courier service and is looking for an address to make a delivery.

All this changes things, yet makes no difference at all......

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Sounds like the kid on the bike was displaying the most irresponsible behaviour; although it's hard to visualise the situation and the driver "being not where they should be" doesn't really give any idea of the severity of their cock-up. Had they just landed having negotiated a raising bridge, Dukes of Hazzard style?

Top Bottom