Who's bought an expensive bike on finance????

Have you taken finance to purchase your latest steed?

• Yes

Votes: 18 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 30 28.6%
  • Never

Votes: 55 52.4%
  • In the future ...

Votes: 2 1.9%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder :smile:
TBH with the upgrades i have done to the boardman its coming in around 8 kg now so its not worth getting a new bike , i would like to change the shifters at some point .
Since stock .
mavic cxp 22wheelset 2200g to superstar wheelset around 1500g
alloy seatpost to carbon seatpost
alloy stem spaces to carbon spacers
alloy stem to carbon stem
stock saddle to fizik saddle
long cage wifli mech to short cage

I would like to change to apex shifters but not sure whether to upgrade them to sram again or pimp out to 10 speed 105 .

In 2 years im 50 so i might push for a new bike then :whistle:

I've done the seat post and wheels swap... Propel I'm looking is base model don't think I could get away aero/DI2 model and it would be a bit of overkill it would always be more capable than me....

I'm 50 in a couple of years as well hopefully just about saved up for it by then......

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I've done the seat post and wheels swap... Propel I'm looking is base model don't think I could get away aero/DI2 model and it would be a bit of overkill it would always be more capable than me....

I'm 50 in a couple of years as well hopefully just about saved up for it by then......
I would like a cannondale synapse or similar but im guessing it will be whatever halfords have on c2w for me as its the only way i will get one .

I would like a cannondale synapse or similar but im guessing it will be whatever halfords have on c2w for me as its the only way i will get one .

I may shop around a bit at different brands... but as no chance C2W scheme at work... I will probably end up chatting to L.B.S... He did me a good deal on the Defy.....

vickster

Legendary Member
there are other retailers that take c2w vouchers and halfords can source most things, albeit full price. So ifc might actually be more cost effective

Yup, you have a good relationship with them so you will get a good deal i bet, they dont take my works c2w vouchers and i rarely go in these days .

I work on my own a lot now...:rolleyes:.... so can't get in as much as I did.... so helps the bank balance... but a quick phone call and they deliver anything I need or collect my bike for any fettling it needs....so they will probably get my business in a year or so....

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I work on my own a lot now...:rolleyes:.... so can't get in as much as I did.... so helps the bank balance... but a quick phone call and they deliver anything I need or collect my bike for any fettling it needs....so they will probably get my business in a year or so....
Dont tell them but i took the commuter to...halfords for a headset replacement , i needed it done quick and i know although the LBS do a good job it would be a while , the rest of the work i can pretty much do myself which reminds me i need to install + grease new bearings on it too.

Dont tell them but i took the commuter to...halfords for a headset replacement , i needed it done quick and i know although the LBS do a good job it would be a while , the rest of the work i can pretty much do myself which reminds me i need to install + grease new bearings on it too.

Mine usually (rightly or wrongly:whistle:) jumps the queue if its urgent because they know I normally have to go home on it.... so it can't sit in their workshop for a week as I'd have to walk 8 miles home

Mrs M

Guru
I wonder :smile:
TBH with the upgrades i have done to the boardman its coming in around 8 kg now so its not worth getting a new bike , i would like to change the shifters at some point .
Since stock .
mavic cxp 22wheelset 2200g to superstar wheelset around 1500g
alloy seatpost to carbon seatpost
alloy stem spaces to carbon spacers
alloy stem to carbon stem
stock saddle to fizik saddle
long cage wifli mech to short cage

I would like to change to apex shifters but not sure whether to upgrade them to sram again or pimp out to 10 speed 105 .

In 2 years im 50 so i might push for a new bike then :whistle:
A new bike for your 50th is the law. :hello: :bicycle:

Top Bottom