who's from your area?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
just had a joy division song shuffle itself into itunes, which reminded me of the fact that ian curtis lived and died not half a mile from where i'm sat.

anyone else live near any musicians of note's former haunts (not people from girls aloud etc)?

Gerry Attrick

Lincolnshire Mountain Rescue Consultant
Bernie Taupin, Elton John's collaborator and songwriter is from Market Rasen, just a few miles from Attrick Towers.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Squeeze, Dire Straights and Gabrielle are all from this patch of Sarf London. And my neighbour, Robin, drums for Paul Rodgers(Free & Bad Company), recently supporting Led Zep @ the Linolium Dome!

T x

longers

Legendary Member
Wayne Fontana is local.

The blurb next to the clip needs updating. He turned up to one court appearance dressed as the Statue of Liberty.
He was held in contempt of court but escaped jail for this and the original charge.

gbb

Legendary Member
Andy Bell from Erasure was from Peterborough (may still be, dunno)
His sister worked at my old employers...

On that note...just reminded me.
I was waiting at a roundabout in P'boro once. There was a pedestrian stood nearby. A black expensive sportscar drove past, i couldnt see the female driver, but obviously the ped could.
His face absolutely lit up, grinned from ear to ear and pointed excitedly at the driver....he was nearly beside himself.

Gawld knows who it was....i can still see his face now ;)

Dave5N

Über Member
Ranking Roger from The Beat lives a couple of doors down from me.

ANd the cafe round the corner is an old haunt of Kevin Rowland's (of Dexys Midnight Runners). It's even referred to on Dexys' last and finest album.

Ask Fnaar, he'll know what I'm on about.

People from school used to do a mini pilgrimage from Harrow to Ginger Baker's Mum's house in Wealdstone...and once upon a time I used to live around the corner from Rick Wakeman's Mum...nice boy.:sad:
Where I live now cannot be too far from some two bit baggy arsed rapper I suppose..;) :biggrin:

Dave5N

Über Member
Aperitif said:
People from school used to do a mini pilgrimage from Harrow to Ginger Baker's Mum's house in Wealdstone...and once upon a time I used to live around the corner from Rick Wakeman's Mum...nice boy.:sad:
Where I live now cannot be too far from some two bit baggy arsed rapper I suppose..;) :biggrin:

Me dad grew up in Wealdstone! :biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
It is not unheard of to see Paul MacCartney being driven up to London thru my manor and I used to see Gloria Hunniford in a Jag nearly everyday.

They never looked that happy but then New Cross Gate can do that to anyone!

T x

Top Bottom